Before I get started, how many of you currently use social media to promote your professional services?How many have a Facebook page (instead of a profile)?Twitter?YouTube?Google+?
Before we get started, how many of you;have a Facebook page for businessTwitter?Blog?YouTube?Google+?
Fastest growing social media demo: ages 55+What % of homebuyers begin their search online? 90% according to the National Association of RealtorsMillennials’ (born between 1977 and 1994) annual spending power of over $200 billion will eclipse Baby Boomers' by 2017Whether you specialize in first time home buyers or commercial real estate or BOTH, your target audience is on social media.
Helps increase SEO, if you have a website/blog- A significant 85% of all marketers indicated that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses. Increasing traffic was the second majorbenefit, with 69% reporting positive. Can decrease marketing costs- The self-employed (57%) were more likely than others to see reductions in marketing costs when using social media marketing. Increase referrals & Attract buyers & sellers: Small business owners with 2 or more employees were more likely to see improved sales from social media (51.5%).Builds loyalty, influence & credibility - 58% of marketers indicated generating leads anddeveloping loyal fans were benefits of social media.
If you have a social media account and you don’t use it or update it or have any intention of using it…DELETE IT!It’s better to not be on social media than to have a twitter without a picture or a Facebook that hasn’t been updated since 2010.It says you don’t care.
Example: http://www.rajqsar.com/Facebook:Twitter: the “online cocktail party”Google+: circles, optimize SEO, get more traffic – just optimize itYouTube: you can now edit your video in YouTube for free.Pinterest: Fastest growing social media plarform – driven by imagesEX: http://pinterest.com/rajqsar/
Blog/Website: businesses that blog at least 1/month get 50% more traffic to their website than businesses that do notYouTube: you can now edit your video in YouTube for free.Pinterest: Fastest growing social media plarform – driven by images
Option- setup a email account that is used to direct communication to you from all social media networksWhat I mean by “review existing accounts” is some of you may already have social media accounts established. You want to be sure your messaging and contact information is consistent on each profile.Integrate everything means you have links to all of your other profiles listed on each profile.
Make sure all accounts link to each other: Using your resource document as a guide, make sure every social media profile links to all other profiles. Why? This gives the viewer the ability to connect with you on multiple platforms and lets them know the other places you engage with your audience.Integrate your blog: Wordpress will automatically feed new posts into LinkedIn, Yahoo, Facebook & Twitter. LinkedIn also offers an app to upload your blog directly into your LinkedIn profileUse a Content Management System, like hootsuite: Sometimes you can’t include it all and that’s ok. But that is one of the benefits of having a blog/website. When you’re limited, list your blog.Don’t integrate Facebook & Twitter: it might sound odd
If you have a plan, you’re more likely to execute it. It’s like a diet, working out, etc…Having a plan will also:keep you accountablehelp you be creativeanalyze – what works best and what doesn’tDecide what you can do now, what you would like to incorporate in your plan in the following months. Build it over time.
Consider your AudienceRead, read, read.Try: Google Reader, at least 1 hour/weekKeep a topic list.Try: smart phone Reminders/ChecklistSchedule Content (via HootSuite)Try: Instead of posting 5 awesome articles at once, spread them out and schedule them in advance.Seek Engagement/SharingTry: Use humor, ask questions, shorten & simplifyTry: Share pictures and videoPromote EventsFocus on the bigger picture – don’t just sell
Social media is a long term investment. Why? Only 23% of those users who are searching for solutions actually buy within 6 months. But 2/3 of the people looking for solutions will still buy. You have to be consistent and be there when they are ready.Don’t reinvent the wheel – It’s time consuming.find professionals in other markets that are using social media successfully.
1. Today’s Goals A better sense of social media options Tools to be more social in less time Guide to set you up for success Ideas to inspire
2. Why Social Media? Nearly 4 of 5 active internet users visit social networks and blogs (Nielsen, 2011) Q: What is the fastest growing social media demographic? Q: What % of homebuyers begin their search online? Buying power shift
3. Benefits of Social Media Helps increase SEO, if you have a website/blog Can decrease marketing costs Increase referrals Attract buyers/sellers Builds loyalty, influence & credibility
4. Before we go any further…With Social Media,Anything is NOT better than nothing.
5. Major Social Media PlatformsFacebook LinkedInTwitter Blog/Website (I recommend Wordpress)Google+
7. Steps to Social Media Success1. Setup a) Create Profile Reference Sheet b) Setup Accounts & Review Existing Accounts c) Setup Blog/Website d) Contact Management e) Integrate & Automate2. Develop a Plan3. Content
8. Profile Reference Make sure your profiles are consistent and updated.Name: Aimee Griffith Elevator Statement:Primary Phone: In 1 sentence:Alt Email Phone: In 2-3 sentences:Address:Address/Location: Keywords: bardstown, real estate, home buyer, nelsonActive Profiles & Links: county, etc…Facebook - www.facebook.com/whaimeeLinkedIn – www.linkedin/in/aimeegriffithGoogle+Twitter – www.twitter.com/whaimeeWordpress – www.whaimee.wordpress.comPinterest – www.pinterest.com/aimeegriffith
9. Contact Management System www.ConnectedHQ.com Merge your contacts in one location Suggests connections (if you are connected with someone on LinkedIn but not Facebook, it can suggest under “Apps – Missing Connections” Export all of your contacts
10. Integrate & Automate DO Make sure all accounts link to each other Integrate Your Blog: Wordpress will automatically feed new posts into LinkedIn, Yahoo, Facebook & Twitter. LinkedIn also offers an app to upload your blog directly into your LinkedIn profile Use a content management system, like HootSuite.com Don’t Integrate Facebook & Twitter
11. HootSuite www.hootsuite.com Free, but recommend Pro ($5.99/month) Also supported by iPhone, Android, Blackberry & iPad Post on multiple social media networks from one dashboard Schedule messages Upload images/video, shorten links for Twitter, manager followers, save message drafts, and more!
12. See it executed. Example: http://www.rajqsar.com/
13. 2) Develop a PlanFor social media to work you have to work it.Recommendation: Facebook/Google+/T Blog Email Marketing witter Post min. Email 1/month Post daily 1/month Create lists to Post at different Setup auto customize times sharing Share recent Start w/FB & G+, w/LinkedIn blog posts & then trim content Share new posts links to social for Twitter on all social media networks
14. 3) ContentConsider your AudienceRead, read, read.Keep a topic list.Schedule Content (via HootSuite)Seek Engagement/SharingPromote EventsFocus on the bigger picture – don’t just sellConnect with experts
15. Ideas Ask for LinkedIn recommendations (customers, etc.) Pin listings to Pinterest Record & share video Ask partners to be a “Guest Blogger” Remember what you specialize in and share content that enhances that claim. Try a Webinar
16. Closing Thoughts Social media is a long term investment. Social Media is not a mega phone, it’s a conversation. Make a plan. Give it time. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Social media only works if you work it. Practice makes perfect.