1. Wikis: Fostering teacher collaboration Developed by: Aileen Socarras Machado, M.S. with material from PBworks
2. Make a free wiki as easily as a peanut butter sandwich. PB WorKs
3. A wiki is an easy-to-use free web page that multiple people can edit.
4. Wiki means Quick in Hawaiian
5. In classrooms, a wiki is a free tool that empowers every teacher to collaborate and every student to participate in group projects. It is a forum for discussing, brainstorming, and organizing ideas and projects.
6. Converse Post ideas Respond Forum Write Publish Comment Create Publish Comment Converse Post Ideas Respond Share Edit Collaborate Engage Blog Wiki Three great ways to communicate
7. James has been asked to set-up a committee to update classroom materials. What can he do to create a team that can effectively organize and communicate in order to complete the task.
8. YOU control who sees your wiki <ul><li>You invite your colleagues </li></ul><ul><li>E ach colleague has a unique login and password </li></ul>
9. Educator wikis are free and never display advertisements NO ADS
10. James wants to make certain his team acts appropriately on line. How can he monitor the team’s activity?
11. You have a history of every edit You are notified of every change
12. No more “dog ate my homework” <ul><li>Edits are time stamped. You know who made changes and when they were made. </li></ul>
13. Wikis are Free and Easy to set up No IT department is needed!
14. <ul><ul><li>Simply create </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>a password </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>and begin </li></ul></ul>
15. <ul><ul><li>Set it up and it works </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>just like typing in Microsoft Word </li></ul></ul>
16. Just like creating a Word document Easily insert Images and Video Just click and begin
17. Post a picture or a video
18. Teachers can make coursework and homework information easily available to both students and parents. With easy to use plugins you can create a calendar.
19. Quickly create new pages Templates designed with teachers in mind
21. For more ideas check out the PBworks educator page. You can find tips, suggestions, templates and a community of fellow teacher users. http://educators.pbworks.com
22. Join the more than 200,000 teachers who have used PBworks for their classrooms, from elementary schools to Stanford and Harvard.
23. Educator wikis are free, fast and ready to use. Create one now at www.pbworks.com PB WORKS