1. EB team transition guidelines Transition from term 2011-2012 to 2012-2013
2. Before transition
3. Define WHAT the current team wants from the transition period in regards to: * skills needed for the new EB * transfer of knowledge from one term to the other (strategic plan, results, learnings, projects from previous term) * team bonding for the new team, feedback and inputs on the new teams plan Set clear EXPECTATIONS with the new team in terms of: * their role - to learn and ask questions * your role - to teach, help them get the knowledge they need in order to perform in their term * honesty (the current EB team to admit their mistakes so that the new team can learn from them & for the current EB team to give honest feedback and input on how they seeWhat to do the new team working & new EB team to express very clearly and honesltly what they before feel they are lacking in terms of skills or information)transition Define HOW you will meet the main objectives of the transition (here are some examples) starts * functional area transition (LCVP - LCVP) * team transition (EB - EB) * trainings * sharing * online materials Define WHEN you will deliver everything * set clear dates for all the sessions (remember to consider: conferences, exams, Easter holiday, and when the projects are supposed to be delivered) Define WHO will deliver what sessions: * EB members * MC members * externals (alumni, trainers, etc)
6. Block Session Description Outcome Brief description of AIESEC in the New EBs understand why the organisation was beginning (reason of starting the AIESEC history created and they understand why its important to organisation), development throughout work for "Peace&fulfillment..." the years, AIESEC now - What is AIESEC - What we envision New EB understand the theory behind the AIESEC Way - Our impact organisation - The way we do it - Our values - 2015 statements & BHAG - The 3 wheels (Global Youth Voice, First AIESEC 2015 AIESEC choice partner, Positive impact)knowledge - 2015 goals New EB connects and understands 2015 and they - Engagement with AIESEC start asking themselves how their term will - ELD – GIP, GCDP, TMP, TLP – program contribute to the 2015 mid-term ambition The AIESEC canvases experience - Lifelong connection New EB understands the magnitude of the AIESEC structure AI < regions < MCs < LCs organisation and how it work from international to local level New EB understands the new trends in the international network, they get connected to AIESEC trends International drivers whats happening at international level. -> open their mind, think beyond your LC
7. Block Session Description Outcome History New EB understands how AIESEC Norway developed from 1948 til now Present the projects and New EB learns what is the reality of each LC in Insight in the other LCs performance of each LC in the past 3 AIESEC Norway and think about where they want to years beAIESEC NEB, MC, BoD, LCP, MCP, EB, LC -Norway AIESEC Norway roles and responsibilities; New EB understands the governance structure and governance structure communication flow and reporting tey understand their role in AIESEC Norway line New EB knows what they have to deliver and what AIESEC Norway Present the national compendium - are the deadlines stated in the compendium that Compendium role and rules they have to follow
8. Block Session Description Outcome The new team understands what has been a bit of LC history and focus more on the past the focus, achievements and non- History year achievements of the previous term, they learn from the successes and challenges Everyone understands who is responsible Roles and Defining better each role: LCP, VP, EB with clear for what, what is the reporting line in the responsibilities responsibilities and tasks LC and EB LC - What’s the EB role in the LC management - Explain the hierarchy structure of an LC (communication and reporting flow) New EB understands their role and LC management - How to engage our members responsibility towards the LC - How to communicate with our members - EB = role-model of the LC Local compendium Present the local compendium - role and rules New EB understand how they can use it
9. Block Session Description Outcome GIP ICX - Business model – for each program GCDP ICX - How to package each experience (GIP or GCDP) - How to sell each product New EB understands better the X products GIP OGX - International peaks GCDP OGX - platform management of GIP and GCDP - Financial model - ERMF - MC-LC fees New EB understands better the finance Finance - Financial state of each LC area in AIESEC Norway - Main incomes and expensesFunctional - EP, TN feesknowledge - AIESEC brand (rules and regulations on how to use it) New EB understands better the COM area Communication - How to communicate about AIESEC and they think how they want to develop - Role of Communication it further New EB understands better the TMP an - Business model – for each program TLP, they think about what kind of - Elements of Human Resource Management TMP and TLP experiences the want to offer to their - Platform management of TMP and TLP members and HOW they re going to do that
10. Block Session Description Outcome Time management Team management Project management Planning - tracking - evaluationSkills Leadership vs. management The new EB gets basic skills that will help them in their term Coaching Facilitating - meetings, trainings, etc
11. How to prepare for transitionMake sure that you (or who should deliver the sessions) are prepared todeliver a QUALITATIVE session Prepare the materials needed (hand-outs, ppts, online materials, etc). Make sure that you also put all the documents in a database that can be used for future preparations. Make sure that everyone knows when and where the sessions will be delivered and get everyone from the new EB there -> the new EB needs to understand the RELEVANCE & IMPORTANCE of transition. Make sure that the new EB understands what you are teaching them. Evaluate on-going how is the transition for them.
12. REMEMBERYou are responsible to ensure the best preparation to your successor Transition is still part of your term Transition (the preparation of the new EB) will influence the performance of the new team Transition is in the time when people have exams and have to deliver on the last months of the term – time is short so PREPARE beforehandTransition is the responsibility of all EB members, not just the LCP.