In an easy
and fun way
• This booklet is here to help you and remind you how
to manage trainee’s servicing.
As we know this is an essential part of the whole
process, and one of the most important ;). In order
to keep receiving Eps, we could help by giving a
better servicing to them, this way Eps recommend us,
and we all end happily ever after!
Don’t forget the migration
• After the match of your TN the first thing you
need to do is ask your trainee for his/her valid
passport ( to fill the Invitation Letter)
• In some cases you’ll need to send the Invitation
Letter via mail ( it depends on the country).
• When getting the visa, remind the trainees that
they should be aware of not mention they are
receiving payment for their activities in
Mexico. They are volunteers.
More information : bit.ly/visacorner
Your EP almost comes!!
• By this time you should already have at least two
options of hosting for your EP.
• You could plan a small welcome party for all the Eps
that will arrive on the same days.
• Get sponsored packages from “secreuaria de
utrismo” that includes a map of the city and
pamphlets of the most recognized places of your
• Plan an itinerary of some activities you could do with
them, like little trips around historical villages near
your city, take them to museums, downtown, etc.
• This part is very important, its where it all “begins”. You need to make sure
that everything you planned works alright.
• Motivate the members to come receive the Eps (they like it when they see
we are a united and committed LC that picks them up with joy).
• Prepare a little but meaningful reception package, with traditional candy,
souvenirs and the reception package from “Secretaria de turismo”.
• Your LC could have a welcome banner to receive all the Eps, but you could also
make a special welcome cardboard for every Ep with their name, so they can
• Make sure the EP’s host is there to receive him/her as well, certainly they
would want to rest from the trip.
Jet lag ,
not cool !
Your trainee is here now !
• It’s time to take your itinerary of activities out and rock it! (trips, cultural activities,
• Make sure that the trainees are getting the experience they were proposed in the TN
• Be in constant contact with them, to know if everything is going well. (could do surveys of
• If your trainees are AIESECers, you could suggest them to give sessions about
leadership, time management or strategies implemented in their LC and viceversa.
• Have LC days, where everyone interacts with the trainees, teach them roll calls and
This is a great way to show the urainee’s culture to the
Iu’s an opportunity to promote AIESEC.
Most of the trainees enjoy this activity, because iu’s supposed to
be fun and easy going.
Advice your trainees to bring traditional items from her/his
country to show in the global village.(flag, candy, beverages,
We AIESECers should always support them, let them know they can
count on us, if something is needed. There should be at least one
AIESECer helping one trainee with her/his stand, to give them
company and in case people gather around and start asking in
• It’s time to say “goodbye” or “see you soon “ to the trainees …
• A little farewell party to gather all around and have a good time. It doesn’t
need to be expensive, as long as you hang out with them that’s perfect and
• Prepare a goodbye package. A mexican flag already signed by the members,
his/her favorite mexican candies, a picture of all the members and trainees
• If it’s possible for us to go to the airport to say goodbye, let’s do it, this
little details make the difference, they would never forget we were really
kind LCs, and that we did change his/her life by giving them this experience.
“All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another
human being not just with my hands but with my
-Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile,
a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or
the smallest act of caring, all of which have the
potential to turn a life around.”
“Try to be empathic, you never know when it could be your
- Valeria Serrano