What has our government been doing for the sake of global warming?
Mitigating Global Warming: What Taipei Is Doing!
As part of the global community, Taipei will endeavor to participate in the global efforts to mitigate the effects of climate change. The focus of the city’s implementation measures would include: plan and implement measures for greenhouse gas emission reductions; participate in international climate change conferences and organizations; exchange experiences on emission reduction projects with other cities; and provide information on the city’s current mitigation efforts and future plans. In order to meet the city’s goal of fulfilling its responsibilities as a member of the “global village” on climate change issue, the following tasks are proposed:
1. Collect and analyze information related to global warming researches, international conventions/treaties, and domestic climate change policies, in order to develop and propose strategies for mitigating global warming effects;
2. Conduct inventory of greenhouse gas emission sources and estimated emissions, in order to establish the city’s baseline emission database
3. Collect, evaluate and recommend greenhouse gas emission mitigating measures suitable for use in Taipei, including:
(1) Promote energy efficient measures, such as lighting improvement in the commercial/residential sector, energy efficient building and Energy Star program;
(2) Promote energy efficiency measures in the transportation sector, such as improve fuel efficiency, adopt cleaner fuel, improve transportation management and strengthen mass transit system
3) Propose emission control measures for incinerators, airport and stationary emission sources;
(4) Promote further greening of the city, in order to increase carbon dioxide adsorption by plants;
(5) Reduce use of CFCs, in conformance with the requirements of the Montreal Protocol.
4. Organize education and promotional activities geared toward greenhouse gas emissions, in order to promote citizens’ awareness of greenhouse effects and climate change;
5. Collect information on greenhouse gas emission reduction measures adopted by similar metropolitans in Taiwan and worldwide, and provide comprehensive implementation strategies matching the city’s share in national emission reduction strategy.
Fine or Recycle?
The government of Taipei city fine the citizens who do not recycle. Within 2 years, the quantity of trash decreased 1.944 tons. The trash lowed down to 35%. And the recycling has 186 tons per day. So the law has approached to the goal of trash decrease and recycling policy.
The examination is to test the vehicles’ production of air. The government tries to supervise the air production.
To recycle the “Left-over” in order to protect the incinerator and to lower the quantity of garbage.
No advertisement!! The government bans people to glue advertisement on walls in order to clean up our city and to save source.