In 2007 we launched an aggressive Strategic Planning process that started with a simple but compelling vision.Philadelphia University is the model for professional university education.
It is clear that since our founding we have been focused on innovation.
When entrepreneurs match their personal talents, skills and aspirations to society’s needs they create value. Our graduates take on the entrepreneurial DNA of this place. They learn to identify problems that need solving, develop the best solutions and go on to implement them, creating value wherever they go.
The planning process resulted in the development of seven key initiatives that are helping us to realize our vision. From these initiatives and the history of Philadelphia University, we began to develop our brand platform and our story.
It is about helping our graduates to be experts in their field of choice and to have a broad understanding across disciplines. It is what will help them to be leaders at every level of their careers.
2,600 undergraduate and 600 graduate (full- and part- time, day and evening)
1. D. R. WidderExecutive Director of Innovation
2. Value CreationInnovation, Collaboration, EntrepreneurshipDesigndesirableBusinessvaluableEngineeringfeasible
3. Nexus Learning
4. Curriculum ObjectivesDesignProcesses How do I find opportunities?BusinessModels How do I create value?SystemsAnalysis How do I manage complexity?ResearchMethods How do I ask the right questions?CapstoneProject How do I put it all together?
5. Innovation Nexus Program• Product and Service Design Innovation• Materials Exploration• Packaging Design across the Value Chain• Market Research and Ethnographic Studies• Prototype Design and Development• Design and Usability AuditsMultidisciplinary Teams Real world problems Innovation
6. Early Impact• Internal & External Traction• Increased demand– Curriculum– Culture– ProgramsInnovation Entrepreneurship
13. Philadelphia Universityis the model for professional university educationin the 21st century.Philadelphia University Vision
14. The Focus on InnovationPhiladelphia University isbuilt on the promise ofhuman innovation topower the ideas of thefuture.photo
15. Entrepreneurial Foundations and DNAEntrepreneurial DNA(AKA Value Creation)Our entrepreneurial spirit stretchesback to the American IndustrialRevolution. We’ve always beenwilling to take a pulse on what’shappening in industry and in thegreater world to see what needssolving and invent a solution. That’svalue creation.
16. 1. Formalize our Signature Learning Approach2. Achieve innovation3. Advance Applied Research4. Invest in Academic Strengths5. Build Graduate and Professional Programs6. Develop Innovative Facilities7. Integrate Curricular and Co-Curricular LearningVISION - Philadelphia University’s Strategic Plan
17. Nexus LearningOur signature approach to learning –active, collaborative, connected tothe real world and infused with theliberal arts – is the hallmark of aPhiladelphia University education.Nexus Learning is about graduateswho are fluent in the cross-disciplinary ways of the 21st –centurywork world.
19. •••••Philadelphia University Fast Facts
20. Fashion Ecosystem In Actionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYN9n6XkhhY&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9FCE0AC4378C629Fhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYN9n6XkhhY&list=UUfcOCM3JyernfqoNmJqEjpw&feature=plcp