• Today's class started off with us viewing the graphic Mr. K. had
chosen for today's lesson.
• Mr. K. asked us a few questions about a certain problem.
• We obtained answers and moved onto the rest of the slides as
we (or Chris) solved each problem.
• We realized what we learned as Mr. K. explained a few details
• We were assigned homework and waited until the bell rang to
Since Dino is driving on a straight highway with an average speed of 35mph we figured that if
he drives four hours and can travel east or west he must be 140 miles west or 140 miles east.
Those are the maximum distances he can be from Winnipeg.
What we did here was just a simple matter of antidifferentiation. We saw 35 as the constant
and saw (1‐cos(pi/2t)) as a difference which is how we got the first line. After that we used
substitution and solved it from there to get 140 as our solution.
What we did here is similar to the previous problem. We antidifferentiated the function and
solved for the given interval and got ‐140 as our answer.
From solving the two previous problems we realized the answer was zero 140 + (‐
Homework is exercise 8.1 odds from
UNLESS! You are in the intro to calc
class which commences tomorrow!
...and Chris or Mr. Siwwy is the next