1. Oak Park and River ForestHigh School LibraryOctober, 2011 Monthly Report
2. HighlightsNew Nonfiction Display New Fiction Display
3. Highlights New 2nd Floor Display Horror Book Display
4. Highlights• Made preparations to circulate Nook Colors starting second semester.• Attended Silver-Gold High School Library consortium meeting and brought back great ideas about eBooks, eReaders, and assessment in the library.• Attended webinar about OverDrive eBooks and their new compatibility with Kindle.• Reclassified series fiction making access easier and simpler for students.• Attended the Illinois School Library Media Association conference in Springfield and brought back listings of high interest books for non-fiction and adult books for teens.
5. Collaboration (pathfinder made for each of the following)• Silver – topic development (books pulled)• Bardo – Careers (books pulled)• Strimple – Playwright Project (books pulled)• Hanson – Affirmative Action Debate (books pulled)• Walter – Salon Project (books pulled)• Nash – 2nd qtr paper (books pulled)• Walter – Scarlet Letter Ning• Hennings – Google Scholar Instruction• Maloney and Noble – Security vs. Freedoms Debate (books pulled)• Bohne – Essential Compounds of Life (books pulled)• Goldberg – Rock the Casbah (books pulled)• Brendan Lee – Mythology Research Project (books pulled)• Pena – American Responds to Terrorism (books pulled)• Vance – African History (books pulled)• Tsilimigras & Booth – Transcendentalism Research(books pulled)• Greenstone & Lind – Classical Greece Research (books pulled)
6. Collaboration• Booktalk for GSA• Worked with OPRF Reading Team• Orientation to online library tools with Farley’s Biology classes• Chicago architecture books pulled for Schwartz’s History of Chicago class• College/Career Choices with Lauren Lee• Designs and Patterns books for Reising’s Housing and Interior Design class• Surreal/Nightmare Images books for Weiss’s Art Foundation classes• Architectural Styles books for Reising’s Housing and Interior Design class• Silhouette Images books for Reising’s Art Foundations class
7. Students Conducting Research on the 2nd Floor Library