1. Security As A Service In Cloud(SECaaS) Presented By Vivek Mehta Bismillah Rawthar
2. Various Cloud Services 1. Software As A Service(SaaS) • provider licenses an application to customers either as a service on demand, through a subscription, in a “pay-as- you-go” model, or (increasingly) at no charge. • Characteristic Of SaaS Web access to commercial software. Software is managed from a central location Software delivered in a “one to many” model. Users not required to handle software upgrades and patches.
3. Various Cloud Services 2. Platform As A Service(PaaS) • a computing platform that allows the creation of web applications quickly and easily and without the complexity of buying and maintaining the software and infrastructure underneath it. • Characteristic Of PaaS Multi-Tenant Architecture. Services to develop, test, deploy, host and maintain applications in the same integrated development environment. All the varying services needed to fulfill the application development process.
4. Various Cloud Services 3. Infrastructure As A Service(IaaS) • is a way of delivering Cloud Computing infrastructure – servers, storage, network and operating systems – as an on demand service. • Rather than purchasing servers, software, datacenter space or network equipment, clients instead buy those resources as a fully outsourced service on demand. • Characteristics Of IaaS Resources are distributed as a service. Generally includes multiple users on a single piece of hardware.
5. Various Cloud Services 4. Storage As A Service(STaaS) • is a business model in which a large service provider rents space in their storage infrastructure on a subscription basis. 5. Security As A Service(SECaaS) • is a business model in which a large service provider integrates their security services into a corporate infrastructure on a subscription basis. • security services include authentication, anti-virus, anti- malware/spyware, intrusion detection, and security event management, among others. • Cloud providers provide various services for protection i.e. to protect an individual computer or an organization’s network. • The various application/product that they offer falls under the category of SECaaS.
6. Various Cloud Services
7. Top 10 Companies That Provide Cloud Services 1. Amazon Web Services 2. Rackspace 3. CenturyLink/Savvis 4. Salesforce.com 5. Verizon/Terremark 6. Joyent 7. Citrix 8. Bluelock 9. Microsoft 10. VMware
8. Why Cloud-Based Security Is Required? • the increase in use of cloud-based services, such as salesforce.com or Google Apps, means that many mobile IT users will be accessing business data and services without traversing the corporate network. This will increase the need for enterprises to place security controls between mobile users and cloud-based services. • the use of peer-to-peer in-the-cloud computing will also make enterprises more vulnerable to some security risks by reducing the cost of brute force attacks. Inexpensive cloud-based processing will make it easier and cheaper to break encryption keys or find vulnerabilities in software, and financially motivated criminals will certainly seek to take advantage of that.
9. Why Cloud-Based Security Is Required? • Most threats never hit the on-premises network. • Reduced total cost of ownership. • Easier support for mobile and remote users. • Rapid deployment of services. • Extending the life of on-premises solutions.
10. SECaaS Are Provided For The Following Area 1. Identity and Access Management. 2. Data Loss Prevention. 3. Web Security. 4. Security Assessment. 5. Intrusion management. 6. Encryption. 7. Network Security. 8. Business Continuity And Disaster Recovery. 9. Security information And Event Management.
11. Various Services/Products 1. Altor VF By Altor Networks • Altor Virtual Firewall is a software security appliance that runs in a virtualized environment and enforces security policy on a per virtual machine basis. Data center administrators can now pinpoint a broad range of virtual network security compromises and easily create roles-based security policies. Security policies can be continuously enforced on individual virtual machines, even as they move throughout the virtualized data center. 2. AppGate Security Server - By Cryptzone Group AB • The AppGate is a secure access system that protects servers (virtual, physical or virtualized) with an inbuilt application layer firewall. It includes encryption of all communication between workstations, mobile phones and the AppGate Server. The granular and role based access makes it possible for system administrators to give specific access.
12. Various Services/Products 3. BIObeans - By TouchTier Technology Pte Ltd • BIObeans is a scalable Biometric-Secured Identification & Authentication Solution, built upon service-oriented architecture (SOA) using onboard biometric finger print sensors and commercially available off-the-shelf hardware. BIObeans provides an advantage when it goes for hundreds of thousands of users deployment with control to one identity per person. 4. CipherCloud - By CipherCoud, Inc • CipherCloud provides a solution to address data privacy, sovereignty, security and regulatory challenges with cloud adoption. It leverages strong encryption to protect sensitive data in real-time before its sent to the cloud. It does not require any change to cloud applications, and doesn’t impact functionality, performance, or user experience.
13. Various Services/Products 5. DefensePro - By Radware, Ltd • Radwares DefensePro is a real-time Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) that maintains your business continuity by protecting your IP infrastructure against existing and emerging network-based threats that cant be detected by traditional IPS such as application misuse threats, SSL attacks and VoIP service misuse. 6. McAfee Total Protection - By McAfee, Inc • McAfee Total Protection service provides total desktop protection including anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and basic email virus protection in one, integrated package with automatic security updates and a single reporting and configuration console via the McAfee Web- based Security Center.