1. Blogging and Wikis and Nings . . . Oh My! “ There’s no place like Web 2.0.” Anna Hentz
2. Web 1.0 Taking print media and posting it online in a digital format Web 2.0 Reading, writing, and sharing/collaborating
4. What is a Wiki? <ul><li>Hawaiian term for fast </li></ul><ul><li>Website </li></ul><ul><li>Collaborative community </li></ul><ul><li>Edit, link, upload documents, and widgetize </li></ul><ul><li>Some say it’s “ W hat I K now I s . . .” </li></ul>
5. Wikis in Plain English www.commoncraft.com
6. http://www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers100K 100,000 free wikispaces for teachers!
7. http://hentz-humanities-wiki.wikispaces.com/ Invite students/colleagues to join your wiki!
8. • Ning is a platform for creating a social network that is unique for you. • You name your network, choose your options (photos, videos, forums, blogs,etc.), customize the appearance, and then launch it. • People who join your network can customize their own page. Created in October 2004 by Marc Andreessen and Gina Bianchini Ning powers the largest social networks on Internet. Ning - Chinese for Peace
9. Presentation By Liz Davis on Ning Steve Hargadon - Classroom 2.0 Ning Step-by-step Directions to Start a Ning http://sjued5365s08.ning.com/ Examples of Ning Ning in Education Special Thanks to Jennifer Dorman, CBSD
10. 1. Create your student network, if you don't already have one 2. Go to http://help.ning.com/?page_id=27 3. Use the subject line: &quot;Ad Removal Request for grades 7 - 12 Education Network&quot; 4. Put in your network ID at the beginning of the &quot;Describe your issue&quot; box, then just give a one-sentence description of your network usage. For example, you could put: &quot;flatclassroomproject.ning.com - a global collaborative project founded by Vicki Davis (Westwood Schools, USA) and Julie Lindsay (Qatar Academy, Qatar) in 2006 to use Web 2.0 tools to facilitate communication, interaction and collaboration between students and teachers from all participating classrooms.&quot; 5. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if your network isn't ad-free within 72 hours (let's just say three *work* days!). [This is an update as of 1/18/08.] 6. Join the Ning in Education community to get help, hints, and tips for using Ning in educational settings 7. Consider thanking Ning by placing a &quot;Ning in Education&quot; badge on your frontpage by following the link on the right side of that network that says &quot;Get a Ning in Education Badge!&quot; You can then add the HTML code into a text box on your network. Ad Free Ning
11. http://btsdadmins.ning.com/ Try Using Ning http: //hentz-humanities-wiki . wikispaces . com/Ning +