Introduce yourself: Name & TitleIntroduce Kindoma: Kindoma is a new service designed to help grandparents keep in touch with their long distance families.Personal motivation. My wife and I have a two year old, and we are expecting our second child. My parents live 3000 miles away on the east coast, and my wife’s parents live 8000 miles away in Europe. We were struggling to find good ways to help forge strong family bonds.
1. Kindomakindoma.com @kindoma
2. Problem Families are struggling to keep in touch. Existing tools fall>200 shortmiles
3. Solution: KindomaKindoma.com – a family communication platform Shared activities structure interaction at a distance. High quality content facilitates co-play and learning.
4. Kindoma Products Kindoma Storytime combines videochat and ebook experience with synchronous page turning and pointing Kindoma Book Messages allow readers to record books and send them to children. Key feature: readers get feedback.
5. Path / StatusSept. 2012: Kindoma FoundedDec. 2013: Kindoma joins the non-profit UnamesaAssociation (unamesa.org)Jan. 2013: launched private trial (web)iPad trial launch: March 2013Goal: Full Public launch with a content partner and achannel partner in May 2013
6. Kindoma TeamFounder Founder Advisor AdvisorRafael ‘Tico’ Mirjana Spasojevic Terry Winograd Michael LevineBallagas Chief Product Officer Emeritus Professor ExecutiveCEO of Computer Science Director of the5 years of experience in this spaceat Stanford University Joan Ganz Cooney Center athttp://connectedreading.com Sesame Workshop
7. We need advice! Join our private trial and give us feedback! We want to build a team of grandparents as participatory design consultants. Ideal participant: aged 50-59, oldest grandchild is 2-7, Willing to commute to Palo Alto, CA. Help us identify great books and publishers. We are currently seeking angel / seed funding Help us find socially minded investors.