7. LOCATION: FOLDERS VS. DOCUMENTSETS• Document Sets: Components, similar to folders, that enable users to collaborate on related documents without having to create a new document library or site.
9. METADATA MANAGEMENT• Managed Metadata: A hierarchical collection of centrally managed terms that you can define and then use as attributes for items. Benefits: • Consistent use of terminology • Better search results • Dynamic
10. METADATA MANAGEMENTList Columns Managed MetadataLocal term sets Global term setsManaged in the context Managed out of contextStatic DynamicManaged by admins Managed by owners Can be imported from CSV
11. METADATA MANAGEMENT• Best Practices for Metadata Management • Has to be defined by the business!  Help but don’t drive! • Users are not taxonomy experts - Teach them! • Managing metadata • Using metadata • Think in managed metadata • Taxonomy vs. Folksonomy • Build hierarchy – instead of flat term stores • Be careful of legal requirements
12. CONTENT TYPES• Create your own „root” content types Document Document_Root Technical Contract Marketing Document Requirements Case Study User Manual Presentation System For Business Requirements Decision Makers Functional Requirements For Developers For Admins
13. CONTENT TYPES• Organize the Templates into Template Libraries
14. CONTENT TYPES• Organize the Templates into Template Libraries
15. CONTENT ORGANIZER RULES• Property based rules• Users don’t need to know where to save anymore• Well organized content• Searchability and Findability
16. CONTENT ORGANIZER RULES• Use if you have clear organizing requirements• Deploy a good Search Architecture  Search Based Navigation• Don’t forget to turn on the Content Organizer Feature – on the Target Site too!• Don’t forget to implement Content Types in the Target Libraries• Teach the users!
18. SESSION EVALUATIONS• Your feedback is important to us. Please fill in the session evaluation on the Conference Agenda.• Ratings • Please rate the • 1 Below Expectations • Content • 2 Met Expectations • Speaker • 3 Exceeded Expectations • Demo