Interview with an Entrepreneur Submitted by: Submitted to: Group 1 Mr. Maningas
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE The purpose of this project is to expose students to local entrepreneurs.
INTRODUCTION As a start, we are doing this business not just because of this is our project also because we want to be a good entrepreneurs someday. And we want to understand what are involved in owning and operating business.
This is our group, starting from left: Ederly, Mayenne, Juvie, Cristina, Niña, Billy Joe.
THE ENTREPRENEUR MANG JIMMY OWNER OF MANG JIMMY’S CATERING SERVICES
MANG JIMMY’S CATERING SERVICES PLACE THE CASHIER COUNTER THE DINE-IN
1. How is this business recognized? Sole proprietorship 2.How long has this business established?
This business has been established since 1988. It is almost 22 years. 3. How would you characterize yourself? creative
4. What made you to go into business for yourself? Actually, I am a chef and this is my hobby that’s why I decided to go into this business.
5. Who are your competitors? Many just like Susan’s Kainan 6. How have your products/services changed over the past 5 years?
Actually., with my viand nothing because what I am cooking before is just the same as now 7. Do you advertise? If so what media do you use? No.
8. How did you came up with the name of this business? It is came from my name. “MANG” because I am an old man. 9. How did you decide on your location?
Actually, this is my third location, I just stay here because it grow here. 10.How many employees do you have? Many, because many of my employees are my relatives.
11. What equipment do you require your employees to have knowledge of? Nothing, I just teach them. 12. What do you look for employees when you hire?
Of course what everyone wanted; being generous and industrious 13.What questions do you ask in an interview? Nothing.
14. What paperwork is involved in running this business? 15. Who makes out the work schedule? How much in advance is the schedule made? How are conflicts handled?
16. How are your prices established? It is based on the ingredients. 17. How do you handle a difficult customer? I just gave them more attention.
18. How do you motivate employees with absenteeism/tardiness? I just take care good of them. 19.What security measures do you take?
20. How often do you conduct inventory? Actually, nothing 21.What kind of insurance must this business carry? none
22. What benefits do you offer employees? Good income and proper treatment. 23. What education and/or training is required to own and operate this business?
None- just good socialize to others. 24.What would you suggest being taught in the high school that would encourage and help students to own and operate their own business? I can just say to them to improved socialized to others.
MEMBER 1 As a start, I enjoyed interviewing an entrepreneur and I learned a lot; just like socializing is the best when you are an entrepreneur and I learned that your hobby can be start of your business. Ma. Cristina P. Angeles
MEMBER 2 <ul><li>I learned a lot. I am happy because now I know the factors that should be considered when you want to start a business. I also learned that when you like it you will go for it. </li></ul>Ma. Niña Verances
MEMBER 3 In our group project, I learned a lot things about business. Ex. In our interview with Mang Jimmy he said that his hobby is to cook food and he likes to do something in his life so he made a business. Juvie S. Magalim
MEMBER 4 Having an interview with an entrepreneur was so fun. They are willing to share their ups and downs. They willing to give some encouragement for us. As we build our own business. Jenifer Frijoles
Member 5 <ul><li>I'm so very happy </li></ul><ul><li>after we've interview </li></ul><ul><li>an entrepreneur. </li></ul><ul><li>Ederly Serdoncill0 </li></ul>
MEMBER 6 <ul><li>I learned a lot to this interview because in business you just not learned how to count money but how to earn money but also to be friendly because </li></ul>Mayenne Dizon
I’m so happy I learned some several way how to expand a business and I learned to the entrepreneur that we’ve interview how to managed and start a business. Billy Joe Pastor MEMBER 7