2. What is the Periodic Table? The periodic table is a tabular display of the chemical elements, organized on the basis of their properties. Elements are presented in increasing atomic number.
3. The periodic table is divided in: Groups: 18 Periods: 7 The Elements are divided in:•Metals•Nonmetals•Alkali metals•Alkaline earth metals•Halogens•Noble gases
4. The Periodic table help us to: Find information about the elements. To solve problems that have to be with the elements. Find the atomic mass of the elements. Find the valences of each element.
5. Groups A group or family is a vertical column in the periodic table. Groups are considered the most important method of classifying the elements. In some groups, the elements have very similar properties and exhibit a clear trend in properties down the group. Elements in the same group show patterns in atomic radius, ionization energy, and electronegativity.
6. Periods: A period or series is a horizontal row in the periodic table. Although groups are the most common way of classifying elements, there are regions where horizontal trends are more significant than vertical group trends, such as the f-block, where the lanthanides and actinides form two substantial horizontal series of elements.
7. Conclusion: The periodic table has 118 elements. And each elements has a symbol and a atomic number. You can round the atomic mass of each element. Is very important to know everything about the periodic table.