Inspired in “The Purpose of Research”
3. Is market
4. Research Basics Exercise:
1. Think about yourself as a “Brand”!
2. How would you define yourself? /
Why others should "buy" you?
3. Observe and Think about others
4. How would you define other's
character? / Why would you "buy"
some of them?
5. - Tim Stock
You‟ll never be a swimmer
if you don‟t get in the pool.
6. WHY DO RESEARCH?
7. we must harness research to uncover
insigths that will act as catalysts for
8. Good research should empower and
propel the path from desirability to
9. …start by collecting stories!
10. [quote from a movie]
“we use to read porn,
now it’s IKEA catalogs”
Video: “a „Fight Club‟ movie scene” [click here to watch]
11. [WHATS IN YOUR FRIDGE?]
…is it consistent with how you portray yourself every day?
12. UNCOVER MOTIVES
…why did you buy that cereal?
13. Social Factor‟s Trends SHAPE the story,
motives and behavior.
14. “what we
“THE NARRATIVE SHIFT”
15. Social Networks are the
“era of transparency”
...how much does this
transparency begin to
distort the reliability of the
A vs. B Narrative
17. Human Data Flows we TAG the data
“between 2007 and 2008 FLICKR grew from 600 to 1200 million images”
18. We align
…“I Love Chocolates!”