View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
You have both an internal and an external role.
• Gain commitment and support from senior leaders to deliver the new brand.
• Define with the business the most appropriate recruitment strategy.
• Brief campus ambassadors and selectors so that they can deliver the right
messages and activate the brand in relevant and interesting ways.
• Make sure everyone who comes into contact with potential recruits understands
the key messages and develops their own stories to support them, and uses the
brand to inform all recruitment decisions.
Most of this can be delivered through a workshop (workshop plans are given overleaf).
• Create local brand activation ideas based on ‘adding vitality to business life’ and
the ‘Could it be U’ challenge.
• Plan and create campaigns for recruitment for countries and regions.
• Use the brand for ad-hoc recruitment.
• Share and benefit from best practice from your colleagues.
• Help set up external relationships that will improve Unilever’s profile in the long-term.
Your toolkit contains:
• a session planning guide to help you plan workshops
• an invitation to encourage people to attend
• presentations with speaker notes for you to give
• exercises to deepen understanding
• a leaflet, ‘Adding vitality to the employer brand’
as a reminder for participants
• a pocket-sized summary card
• a commitment postcard.
This toolkit will help you mobilise the support of all
your colleagues and roll out the new brand in your
market. The best way to spread the word is to run
a session with everyone involved in recruitment.
Workshop planning guide
Before your workshop
– Familiarise yourself with the contents of the pack, including
the presentation, the exercise brief (both available on the
CD Rom included), the ‘Adding vitality to the employer brand’
leaflet and the summary card.
– Schedule at least 3 hours for the session, allowing yourself
extra time to deal with late arrivals or extended questions
– Invite all members of your extended recruitment team (HR,
sponsors, champions, ambassadors, selectors etc) to attend,
using the draft invitation message provided on the CD Rom
included in the briefing pack. In order to get the most out
of your session, try to keep the numbers to a maximum of
24 people. If appropriate, ask participants to prepare some
homework before the workshop.
– Book a suitable room for the workshop with LCD projector,
screen and flipchart.
– Ensure the room has both light (daylight if possible) and
space, so that the participants can be both relaxed and
stimulated. If there are more than 12 people in your session,
you may need a breakout room for the exercises.
– Prepare the support materials necessary to facilitate the main
exercise (full details of what this should be are available on
the CD Rom included).
– Prepare an agenda for your session, based on the draft
agenda in the presentation, and ensure you have enough
copies of the ‘Adding vitality to the employer brand’ leaflet
for each participant to take away with them at the end.
The workshop is designed to take less than three hours and
takes the form of a PowerPoint presentation with exercises.
You may choose to add additional material to suit your
During the workshop
– Welcome participants and, using the opening slides of the
presentation, introduce the session agenda and objectives.
– Set a warm-up exercise (outlined in more detail on the CD
Rom included) to get the participants involved and engaged.
Session 1: Brand key
– To develop people’s understanding of the brand key you
need to allow for discussion. Go through the PowerPoint
presentation provided, stopping where indicated.
– Discussion and exercises are integrated into the
presentation and described in more detail in the presentation
Break – optional
Session 2: Unveiling the employer campaign
– Unveil the new advertising and activation campaign to help
teams formulate the right message when they meet our
– Go through the PowerPoint presentation provided.
Wrap-up and thanks
– Thank participants for their input and give out the ‘Adding
vitality to the employer brand’ leaflet, explaining the contents.
– Ask the participants to fill in the commitment postcard and
hand it in to you at the end.
Suggested timings for the workshop are included in the slides.
After the workshop
– Share your findings and feedback with your local
recruitment team, and follow up on specific actions
and requests from participants.
– About 2 weeks after the workshop send back the postcard
to participants as a reminder of their commitment.