• The first day of my Unit Plan on the Founding Documents of America, will consist of an Introduction. • We will start with the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution.
• Students will be given a KWL chart to keep throughout the Unit.• Students will be given the opportunity to discuss in groups what they already know about either document.• Copy of KWL chart will be on the Smart Board for the students to come up and write what they know.
Students will be given study guides on this day to fill out as we go andkeep throughout the Unit Lesson.
• After we have filled out what we know about these documents, I will use the Smart Board to show the students this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSeCYSnj5Y• We will go over what the Declaration of Independence actually is, and the students will be assigned to come up with and perform a skit on it for the class next door.
The students will do a run through of their skit for me, and then the next day before performing it they will get the chance to practice it.
• Then we will start into the Constitution.• I will explain what it is, what it does, and the three parts of it : – 1.) The Preamble – 2.) The 7 Articles – 3.) The 27 Amendments• We will start by looking into the first part – The Preamble.
• I will again to use the Smart Board to show the class another video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxVUpBukACk• The students will then be required to write the Preamble on their study guide as a reference for later.• I will use the Smart Board to put the Preamble up so that they can copy it onto their study guide.