• The Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd - Nine decades• Started on 26th November 1920 in Thrissur• Headquarters in Thrissur• 364 branches in and outside Kerala• Shri.V.P Iswardas Managing Director & CEO• VALUES –g)Fairness and Trust h) Integrity and Transparency i) Dignity and Respect j) Equity and Justice k) Performance effectiveness and Efficiency
•The software used in CSB is MAARVEL from 2009•In-house development team Chennai & updates done by LazerSoft & Sun Microsystem•Server location Chennai•Primary data storage Tata Data Centre, Chennai•Secondary data storage Reliance, Chennai.•Earlier the software used was Integrated Banking Software (IBS)used from 1995•IBS in-house developed
• The installation conversion method used was Phased• Maarvel is centralized database, it is a core data base• IBS is distributed database
• It allows all branches to get centrally connected• It facilitates the exchange of customer database and transaction details.• It allows better data management control and access.• It allows quicker service and better banking experience to customer
• It is used for preparing NPA details, reports .• Used for developing internal financial statements.• Preparing reports about various transactions.• It was introduced in Catholic Syrian Bank in 2010
• E - banking• Secure m-Commerce platform• Online remittance of NRI funds• ATM• CSB Support plus Help Line• 24X7 Help desk Service• VISA Money Transfer• Customer relationship management
• It runs in a virtual network• Separate password for every transaction.• The operator has separate password.• Double authorization is required for every transaction.
• Internet banking allows customers of a financial institution to conduct financial transactions on a secure website operated by the institution, which can be a retail or virtual bank, credit union or building society.• To access online banking, the customer would go to their financial institutions website, and enter the online banking facility using the customer number and password. Some financial institutions have set up additional security steps for access, but there is no consistency to the approach adopted.
• As an introductory offer Internet banking facility is offered free to all new SB, CD and OD customers. A registered customer can avail the following facilities through Internet banking.• IT department of CSB is in Ernakulum.
• Non-financial Transaction 1. Balance Enquiry 2. Account Statement Viewing/Printing 3. Cheque Book Request 4. Term Deposit Details 5. RD Ledger 6. Term Loan Summary • Financial Transactions 1. Inter-Branch Fund Transfer 2. Inter-Bank Fund Transfer
• Customer will be allotted a Login ID and Password to access The Catholic Syrian Bank Internet Banking facility.• On accessing The Catholic Syrian Bank Internet Banking for the first time, the User shall change the Password assigned by the Bank through the relevant option.• User is at liberty to change the Password as many number of times as possible at his risk and consequences.• In case the User forgets the Password, a new Password may be obtained from the Bank against a written request.
• AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE• Is a computerized telecommunications device that provides the clients of a financial institution with access to financial transactions in a public space without the need for a cashier, human clerk or bank teller. • No of ATM’s - 160
• Mobile banking (also known as M- Banking, SMS Banking) is a term used for performing balance checks, account transactions, payments, credit applications and other banking transactions through a mobile device such as a mobile phone or Personal Digital Assistant (PDA). • Catholic Syrian Bank has a tie up with mcheck which offers services for mobile banking.
• A registered customer can avail the following facilities through CSB Mobile banking. 1. Balance enquiry 2. Fund transfer between accounts within the bank. 3. Mini statement. 4. Prepaid recharge, post-paid bill and other payments like water, electricity bills 5. Ticketing-Allows to browse, select and purchase movie and travel tickets.
Pre-requisites for mobile banking • The handset should be Java-enabled. • GPRS should be enabled. • GSM enabled handsets. • For CDMA enabled handsets, IVR solution is available.
• Is a funds transfer mechanism where transfer of money takes place from one bank to another on a “real time” and on “gross” basis.• It is the fastest possible money transfer system through the banking channel.
• RTGS center of CSB is at Ernakulum.• All CSB branches are RTGS enabled. RTGS Outward 09:00 to 12:00 12:01 to 15:30 15:31 onwards Transaction hours hours Amount Rs.2 lakh to Rs.5 Rs.25 Rs.26 Rs.30 lakh Above Rs.5 lakh Rs.50 Rs.51 Rs.55
• Timing Weekdays 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM Saturdays 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM• Amount Minimum 2 Lakhs Maximum any amount
• It is a nation-wide system that facilitates individuals, firms and corporate to electronically transfer funds from any bank branch to any individual, firm or corporate having an account with any other bank branch in the country.
• All CSB branches are NEFT enabled.• Service Charges Outgoing Up to Rs.1 lakh - Rs. 5/- per transaction Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh - Rs.15/Per transaction Rs.5 lakh & above - - Rs.25/- per transaction
• Timing Weekdays 10.00 AM to 4 PM Saturdays 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM• Amount No amount restrictions.
• NEFT settlement takes place 11 times a day during the week days (9am, 10am, 11am, 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm) and 5 times during Saturdays (9am, 10am, 11am, 12 noon and 1pm).• Any transaction initiated after a designated settlement time would have to wait till the next designated settlement time.• RTGS, transactions are processed continuously throughout the RTGS business hours.
• Complete data backup at Chennai• Secondary Backup at Reliance Chennai• Firewall for protecting data• Error recovery time is reduced
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.