1. 1-Popular Sovereignty2-Separation of powers3-Checks and Balances4-Federation5-Individual Rights
2. First: Popular Sovereignty:Sovereignty is "the supreme authority in apolitical community".The term popular sovereignty is supposed tomean that this ultimate power belongs to thepeople“We are the People.. do ordain and establish the Constitution”They can amend the government or alter theconstitution.
3. Second: Separation of powers: "Ambition must be made to counteract ambition." Said by James MadisonThe American Political System is divided intothree principle powers;(A)Legislative in the U.S Congress which makesthe law
4. (B)Executive in a President and the whiteHouse which executes the law
5. (C)Judicial Branch in the SupremeCourt which interprets the law.
6. Those branches are not monopolized, theyare totally separate.Separation of powers system is designedto maximize freedom and it serves severalgoals;First: It prevents concentration of power(seen as the root of tyranny)Second: it provides each branch withweapons to fight off encroachment by theother two branches.
7. Third: Checks and Balances:Each of the three principle branches have balanced powersso they exercise some form of power over the others bychecking them to remove any possibility of tyranny fromtaking hold the country.•The Legislative branch checks the Executive and theJudiciary Branches•The Executive checks the Legislative and the JudiciaryBranches•Also the Judiciary checks both the Legislative and theExecutive branches
8. Fourth: Federation:U.S. has a different system whichis Federalism; it’s a system ofshared power between two ormore governments with authorityover the same people andgeographical area.
9. Federal Government States Government1) Is responsible for 1) Impose Taxes Interstate Commerce and Foreign Commerce 2) Education ,Crime, Health and safety , Crime and2) Naturalize of immigrants Punishment Laws3) Coin Money 3) Budgets.4) A republican form of 4) 2 senators represent each government for each state in the senate, state, not creating a irrespective of the size monarchy. of the state.5) Maintains Army and Navy 5) Representatives of the state in the House of6) Has a Judicial Authority Representatives.
10. Fifth: Individual Rights:•The Bill of Rights limits the abilityof government to trespass uponfreedom of speech, press,assembly, and religion•Rights is geared to safeguardingthe rights of persons suspected.