1. What are the trends? What are the trends?What are the possible evolutions? Jackie Titolo & Pei Wang
2. What is it? - Key bloggers are experts/tastemakers because they: * establish themselves as authority within a niche * offer avant-garde POV * positions themselves as alternative to mainstream media - PR’s/Marketers turn to bloggers who can * reach potential consumers on a personal level p * have voice of an expert * produce immediate results reaching multiple platforms * help brand awareness & sales What is the trend? - Bl Blogs now viewed as serious iinfo source i d i f - Agencies exist to align bloggers w/ branding opportunities - Blogs w/ embedded ‘product placement’ less original content. - Editorial & e-commerce blend (blogs sell brands & brands start blogs) What are the possible evolutions? - Bloggers are online ‘personalities’ & brand consultants * personal image outweighs content. - Blogs look like shoppable online catalogs - Lines between online mags & blogs become vague
3. What is it? - Instantaneous platform inclusion over exclusion (anyone can follow anyone) - fast-paced source for info (news, sales) - Mass appeal easy access to p pp y photos, external links, trending topics g p What is the trend? - Get brands in front of high quantity & high quality handles to ensure #’s & status - Twitter replaces impersonal emails user receiving the Tweet/ DM knows outreach comes from a ‘follower’ w/ interest in them - “Voice” of handles are personable but authoritative - ‘Followers’ feel like ‘insiders’ humanizes experience of interacting with a brand What are the possible evolutions? p - Twitter Web Analytics to affect small-medium businesses most - Skeptic brands will invest $ in Twitter - Advertising on Twitter with rates depending on the popularity of the handle (Brands are already individually paying for sponsored links) - Hashtags to create more ‘Twitter chats’ planned convos among users interested in the same topic - Twitterviews
4. A properly optimized blog can get higher SE rankings. If possible, use your primary keyword in your blog domain (URL). Use your primary key phrase in your blog header tags and the Title tags of your posts. Use your secondary keywords in the body of your post. Use your keywords in the anchor text of links. Your archives and previous posts should be accessible from all pages of your blog so that they will also be easily spidered.
5. A #hashtag (a word or abbreviation with the # sign directly in front of it) How to identify numerous #hashtags : What is the Trend?: Learn about trending hashtags. When something starts trending, What the Trend? will provide a quick blurb on what s going on with an explanation of what the whats hashtag means if it is an abbreviation. Hashtags.org: Hashtags.org gives the recent tweets with the tag and its use (provides graphs and hour-by-hour information on top hashtags) hour by hour hashtags). Monitter: Tracking tweets that have a certain hashtag in real-time Track h ht T k hashtags with llower popularity t a T il t (It provides a d il email about when a ith l it try Twilert. id daily il b t h specific hashtag was used.)