Spreadshirt ad tech2013 final share pdfPresentation Transcript
Crowds Sourcing a business / SEO dream?
Spreadshirt’s e-commerce platform lets anyone create, sell, and buy ideas
on products consumers love to wear, use, and carry.
“Come spread your ideas on
clothing & accessories
“Find, create and share
1) Idea owners can place ideas on 140 apparel and
accessory base products in a virtual way.
No charges & nothing is printed until sold.
2) Articles are sold via
multiple points of sales:
- Spreadshirt own Shops
- White Label Shops
- Social Media Shops
- Tool Integrations
4) Spreadshirt handles the
transaction, print, delivery and the
5) Spreadshirt pays a profit
to the ideas owner
3) Partners own customers or
customers buy the ideas.
No Minimum Order
Source: Internet World Stats.
(1) Includes: Canada, Mexico and US.
(2) Includes: Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe.
US HQ, Sales &
Production & US
Global HQ &
Internet Users: 273m
Internet Users: 501m
• Marketed to 17 countries worldwide
• 9 languages & 7 currencies
• 3.2 million items sold in 2012
• 36% in North America and 58% in EU
• Delivered to 45 countries worldwide
The platform enables both
local and international ideas to market
International Sales and
Marketing, QA, laFraise
4 identical factories ensure high speed
delivery, high quality and scalable service
Spreadshirt Own Shops
Database of 9 million designs (<1000 belong to Spreadshirt)
9 Million Design = £20m labour
Instant reactions = Makes news the business
10k Shares a day = £1m in exposure
New customers = next generation of ideas
300k Tags = £10m in SEO Capability
• Crowdsourcing is great
– Thinks every idea you need
– Self generating business
– Huge amount of resource & cost effective
• But it is not easy
– Crowds need to be understood
– Crowds do not always behave
– Crowds need policing and this can be big cost
– Understanding the output of the crowd and turning it a
meaningful experience for customers is hard