At its core, user experience (UX) work is about understanding the people who use our products and services. Good interviewing practices are essential to doing this well.
This workshop will show you how to interview people to discover their needs, desires, and pain points. In a series of mock interviews you'll learn basic techniques, mistakes to avoid, and lightweight analysis and synthesis techniques that work well in the collaborative environments many UX practitioners work in.
After this workshop you will know:
* How effective interviewing is key to understanding the people who use our products.
* Advice on how to recruit the right people to interview.
* A series of interviewing tips such as reflection and use of silence.
* Common interviewing mistakes such as leading questions.
* The importance of separating observations, insights & solutions.
* How to quickly and cheaply analyse interview results with your team.