1. Ministry of child welfare tries to target the following for
implementation of various programmes as well as for
funding & donations & promotion
• Non Government Organizations (NGOS)
• Non Profit Organizations (NPOS)
• Business Institutions
• Corporate houses
• Schools & Colleges
2. Grants given to states by the government
Arunachal Pradesh Rs. 7,21,45,000
Assam Rs. 28,40,53,000
Karnataka Rs. 62,30,95,000
Madhya Pradesh Rs. 94,63,79,000
Orissa Rs. 73,58,19,000
Punjab Rs. 25,11,01,000
Tamil Nadu Rs. 53,27,12,000
Uttarakhand Rs. 14,16,41,000
Andhra Pradesh Rs. 91,74,92,000
Bihar Rs. 1,18,34,09,000
6. Functions of Media Unit
• · The Media Unit is engaged in publicity on social
issues concerning women and children to generate
awareness in order to change the mind set of the people
against the traditional issues and social evils.
• · The objective is achieved through media campaign
by press advertisements, release of spots through various
TV channels and other means of outdoor publicity.
• · Various wings of Ministry of I&B, viz. DAVP,
Doordarshan, AIR, Directorate of Field Publicity and
Song and Drama Division are associated with the
campaign of this Ministry.
7. Budget for undertaking media activities
• · The Media Budget of the Ministry is showing a rising trend
during the last few years.
• · The details of budget estimates viz-a-viz expenditure
incurred during last few years is shown below:
Year BE (in Rs. Crores) RE (in Rs.Actual
2006-07 15.00 15.00 11.74
2007-08 15.00 15.00 14.99
2008-09 48.00 59.75 51.57
2009-10 50.00 - 00.59(till
8. Media Committee
A Media Committee meets in regular interval to decide on the
activities to be undertaken from time to time. At present the
Committee is headed by Additional Secretary, MWCD with
representatives at Joint Secretary level from all the Bureaus of the
Ministry, Director (Media), WCD, Director(Finance), WCD, Director
(Print Media), DAVP, Director (Audio-Visual), DAVP,
representatives from Doordarshan and AIR.
Following advertisements were issued in prominent newspapers in
Hindi, English and regional languages across the country during the
1. Advertisement inviting Comments and Suggestions from
all concerned on the Draft Guidelines on Adoption of Indian
Children without Parental Care.
2. Advertisement on ‘Save the Girl Child / Gender Issue.
3. Advertisement on the occasion of Children’s Day.
4. Advertisement on National Girl Child Day in NER
9. Television/DD / All India Radio
Telecast of video spots on Doordarshan National Network ,
Private TV channels, Cinema Theaters and Indian Cricket league
(ICL) 20-Twenty Grand Championship 2008-09 and broadcast of
MWCD spots and Ananya Song in AIR / Pvt. FM Stations through
Doordarshan, All India Radio and DAVP were undertaken.
In order to highlight the policies and development programmes
formulated and implemented by this Ministry, a quarterly newsletter
under the name and title ‘MWCD Newsletter SAMPARK’ is brought
out regularly by NIPCCD under the Media Budget Head. Another
monthly magazine “Anganvarta” is published by NIPCCD under
Media Budget Head from the month of November 2008 for use by
Anganwadi Workers / Helpers at the Anganwadi Centers through out