Writing few important
words about AutoCAD
and their History.
Hope! you would like.
Can send your feedback at: @admecinstitute
3. About the author
Hi, I am Pooja Jindal working with
a prestigious institute in New Delhi
i.e. ADMEC MULTIMEDIA Institute.
This institute provides highly
professional training for CAD
Visit us: www.cadtraininginstitute.com
AutoCAD was developed by Autodesk.
AutoCAD is system software which supports both 2
Dimensional(2D) and 3 Dimensional (3D) formats.
Bridges the gap between imagination and implementation,
as designs can be created, modified, and optimized in
5. Characteristics of AutoCAD
The use of AutoCAD software provides enhanced graphic
capabilities which allow the designers to:
1. Conceptualization of Ideas using AutoCAD
2. Easy modification of the engineering designs
3. Perform design calculations quickly
4. Use colures, fonts, textures, and other aesthetic features
5. Know your product’s strength using simulations
6. Brief History of AutoCAD
In the early 1980s the kinds of Computer Aided designs(CAD)
techniques provided by AutoCAD were available only to
personnel belonging to Specialize Graphics Terminals.
However, the release of the first AutoCAD version accord the
drafters to access to a tool that could use on standard
7. Versions of AutoCAD
The first version AutoCAD-1.0 was launched back in the year
1982. The software was considered to be the first program of
its own type and has unique features . Since then, Autodesk
had launched various upgraded versions of AutoCAD on
8. Versions in the Recent Past
Version and Date of Release
16.0, March 2003
16.1, March 2004
16.2, March 2005
17.0, March 2006
17.1, March 2007
18.0, March 2009
18.1, March 2010
18.2, March 2011
9. Recently Released AutoCAD Software
The latest version released is AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD
2013 for Mac. The version has unique features such as:
Autodesk Exchange Apps
Customization and Support File Sync
Windows 8 Support
Programming UI for Specializes application
Inventor File Import
AutoCAD WS App
Design Feed, Reality Capture
Autodesk Live Maps
10. AutoCAD in Present Day
1.AutoCAD is one of leading and the best known Computer
Aided Design(CAD) software being used worldwide.
2.It is used in all kinds of industry sectors where drafting,
modeling and design are core functions.
3.AutoCAD is the widely recommended solution available to
the drafters as it makes drawing and drafting very easy
and handy work.
11. Advantages of AutoCAD
1.AutoCAD enhances the productivity and quality of designs.
2. Drawings get prepared in relatively shorter duration.
3. Reduced the manpower requirement .
4. AutoCAD software is cost effective and highly affordable.
5. Designs can be drawn with greater accuracy.
6. Facilitates easy modification and revision of drawings.
12. Career Options
1. Drafting Professional
2. 2D and3D Plan Developer
3. CAD Engineer( Civil, Electrical and Mechanical)
4. Architecture and Interior Designing
13. Thank You!
For more info you can visit
For Course related enquiry, ring us at:
9811-81-81-22, 011-3130-5055, 011-3203-5055