World's Fastest Cars:
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 267 mph, 0-60 in 2.4 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 Liter W16
Engine with 1200 hp, base price is $2,400,000. Although the Bugatti Veyron lost the title to SSC
Ultimate Aero on March 2007, Bugatti challenge the record in Germany on July 10, 2010 with the new
2010 Super Sport Version and the Veyron once again claims the title of the fastest car in the world at
267 mph. The original Bugatti Veyron has a top speed of 253 mph, priced at $1,700,000 and equipped
with 1001 hp.
2. Hennessey Venom GT: 260 mph, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, has a 6.2-liter LS9 Turbocharged V8 Twin
Turbo V8 Engine producing 1200 hp, has a price tag of $950,000. The Venom GT has yet to be tested
and proven, but could possibly hit a top speed of 275 mph. This might just be the Veyron Super Sport's
2. Koenigsegg Agera R: 260 mph, 0-60 in 2.9 secs. 5.0-liter V8 Engine with twin turbo’s, housing
1099 hp. Base price is $1,600,000. If you're into snow sports, the Agera R can be fitted with a Ski Box
as well as winter tires, not that I would take one on a ski trip or anything like that. While the Agera R
has a massive theoretical top speed, the current tested top speed is 260 mph. Expect this snow car to be
the Bugatti's arch enemy for the next 5 years.
3. SSC Ultimate Aero: 257 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp, base price is
$654,400. Tested in March 2007 by Guinness World Records, The SSC Ultimate Aero was the fastest car in
the world from March 2007 to July 2010. On March 2011, the Koenigsegg Agera R also surpassed it, forcing
this American made car to the #3 spot. Shelby SuperCars will continue their quest to reclaim the fastest car
title, and their new SSC Tuatura might do the job (we'll just have to wait).
3. 9ff GT9-R: 257 mph, 0-60 in 2.9 secs. 4.0 Litre V6 Twin-Turbo Engine with 1120 hp, base price is
$695,000. Based on the Porsche 911, the 9ff GT9-R 1120 hp version is limited to 20 units and the exterior
may be modified to suit the owner.
4. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo: 248 mph, 0-60 in 2.8 secs. Twin Turbo All Aluminum V8 Engine with 750 hp,
base price is $555,000. Smooth and bad-ass. It will make you want to show it off non-stop.
5. Koenigsegg CCX: 245 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. 90 Degree V8 Engine 806 hp, base price is $545,568.
Made in Sweden, it is the older brother of the Agera R, only losing to 4 other supercars in the world.
6. McLaren F1: 240 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 Engine with 627 hp, base price is
$970,000. The fastest car in the 20th century with doors that looks like bat wings. Maybe Batman needs to
order one and paint it black
7. Zenvo ST1: 233 mph, 0-60 in 2.9 secs. Twin-Charged 7.0 liter V8 Engine forging 1,104 hp. Base price:
$1,225,000. The first Supercar from Zenvo Automotive, a Danish sports car company in pursuit of speed
and perfection. This 100% Danish made supercar is limited to 15 units and the company even promised
"flying doctors" to keep your baby functioning.
8. Gumpert Apollo: 225 mph, 0-60 in 3.0 secs, 4.2 liter V8 Engine that houses 650 hp. Base price:
$450,000. Gumpert claims that the Apollo was designed such that it could drive upside-down in a tunnel
with speeds at 190 mph or above. Of course, no one has tested this yet.
8. Noble M600: 225 mph, 0-60 in 3.7 secs. Twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 Engine with 650 hp. Base
price is $330,000. The Noble M600 also happens to be a very cool car. Its inconspicuous design sports a
slender and contoured body which does not scream out for attention at every second of the day.
9. Aston Martin One-77: 220 mph, 0-60 in 3.4 secs. 7.3 litre V12 Engine with 750 hp. Base price:
$1,850,000. The production of this is limited to 77, hence the name One-77. This is beauty and power
packed into One.
9. Ascari A10: 220 mph, 0-60 in 2.8 secs. 5.0 litre BMW V8 S62 Engine with 625 hp. Base price:
$650,000. The company planned to produce 50 of these supercars at its factory in Banbury, England.
10. Lamborghini Aventador: 217 mph, 0-60 in 2.9 secs. V12 Engine with 700 hp, base price is $379,700.
According to Lamborghini, Aventador is the name of a Bull that entered into battle at the Saragossa Arena
on October 1993. This is the fastest bull in the world!
10. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.4 secs. Twin turbocharged AMG V12 engine that
produces 678 hp. Base price is $1,850,000. The Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster is a limited-edition, with
five ever produced. It is the quintessential exotic and exclusive supercar.
10. Ferrari Enzo: 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.4 secs. F140 Aluminum V12 Engine with 660 hp, base price is
$670,000. Only 399 were ever produced; the price goes up every time someone crashes.
10. Jaguar XJ220: 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.8 secs. Twin Turbo V6 Engine with 542 hp, base price was
$650,000. Made in 1992, this car still has what it takes to make the list.