Professional Resume for Didier KoffiPresentation Transcript
ATIOGBE DIDIER KOFFI’S RESUME
An exiting 18Year journey in the world of Engineering and IT
Via the Ivory Coast To Minneapolis, MNFrom Paris, France
• Business Analysis
• Business Analysis Processes and Metrics
• Business Architecture Modeling
• System Development Life Cycle
• Enterprise Stakeholders Collaboration
Possible Desired Positions
• Business Architect
• Business Systems Analyst
• Systems Analyst
• Business Analyst
Mr. Koffi’s Early Years…
1984: Leaving Paris, France
for the Ivory Coast, West Africa
1995: Leaving the Ivory Coast for
Virginia, USA with an EE degree
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Graduate program ranked # 7 by
Mr. Koffi’s career is grounded in a solid world class Master of Science
degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering received at
VirginiaTech in 1999. Mr. Koffi studied under the tutoring of several
Emeritus Faculty members such as:
• Walter J. Fabrycky
• Benjamin S. Blanchard
• HaroldA. Kurstedt
• William J. Schmidt
• Hanif D. Sherali
In 1996 while studying for his graduate degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering,
Mr. Koffi’s passion for software development led him to join Members Only Software
then known as Michael Stein Associates.
Mr. Koffi worked there for 5 years and became a Lead Programmer under the guidance
Of MIT’s graduate Mr. Michael Stein. Mr. Koffi’s main responsibilities included
designing, coding, testing and maintaining seven mission critical client/server Delphi
Applications that automated and integrated the following Non-Profit Organization
• Membership Management
• Meeting Management
• Seminars Evaluation
• Inventory Management
• Order Entry
• Online Package Postage
• Membership Billing
• and Account Receivables.
In 2000, Mr. Koffi was recruited as a Software EngineerContractor for Lockheed Martin
Mission Systems by Results Computing Corporation.
Mr. Koffi’s contribution to the development of a state of the art Census Data Capture and
Coding System (DCCS) was praised. His duties included developing C++/Oracle 8i software
Components used to validate, audit, and deliver the DCCS data to the client government
Mr. Koffi also conducted Research and Development (R&D) studies for Results Computing
Corporation on an Input/Output File System Performance Benchmark tool for
a Fibre Channel Storage Area Network project. Mr. Koffi performed full SDLC activities on
the benchmark tool prototype system, resulting in a clear definition and demonstration
of the benchmark tool capability in a Linux Suse environment.
In 2001 while consulting as a Software Engineer in theWashington DC Metro Area ,
Mr. Koffi Joined the NorthernVirginiaCommunity College Faculty which also employs the
USVice President’s Spouse Mrs. Jill Biden.
Mr. Koffi conducted several Information SystemsTechnology courses over 2 years totaling
38 credit hours in the areas of:
• Information Systems Life Cycle
• Database Systems
• C++ programming
• Java2 programming
• and Project Management
In 2002 , Mr. Koffi’s Software EngineeringConsulting services led him to Quest Diagnostics.
Mr. Koffi conducted software system improvement initiatives on a nationwide Health Care
communication network (TCP/IP, Multi threaded Socket Programming, FTP). He designed
and coded new software modules using Delphi 5-6 and Microsoft SQL.
Mr. Koffi’s work helped the company achieve a 50% increase in Network Infrastructure
In 2003 , Mr. Koffi joined EDS (now an HP Company) as an Advanced Software Systems
Engineer. Mr. Koffi performed Systems Engineering Standard Operating Processes (SOP)
tasks on the United States Defense Blood Standard System (DBSS – D/SIDDOMS).
Mr. Koffi received the Program Director award for outstanding contribution. His duties
• Creating system models with UML Use Cases, Logical ERD, and Structured Analysis (IDEF0,
N2, Data Flow Diagram, and Functional Flow Block Diagram)
• Enabling a very accurate and consistent specification of the following types of
Requirements: Input/Output, External Interfaces, Functional, Data,Technology,
Deployment,Trade-off, and Qualifications requirements.
• Performing technical feasibility analysis of software modules architectural choices, quantitatively
justifying several critical architectural decisions.
• Designing software modules and database Entity Relationship Physical model mapping
to Oracle 9i
• Assuring 100% compliance with DoD Interface Design and RTM Documents.
• Coordinating software modules Integration with J2EE (JDBC, SWING GUI, java.net) COTS products,
• Coding software modules in Delphi 7 and BusinessObjects.
In 2005, Mr. Koffi left the Washington DC area for Southern California where he joined
the University of Southern California Alfred E. Mann Institute for Biomedical Engineering
as a Software Design Engineer.
Mr. Koffi’s duties for the Alfred E. Mann Institute included:
• Contributing to the successful development and licensing of a revolutionary
minimally invasive Cardiovascular Medical Device (http://ami.usc.edu/testimonials.php)
• Defining Software Requirements and Design Specifications (UML and Structured
Analysis), meeting FDA compliance guidelines
with devices IDE and 510K documents.
• Developing and testing Data Acquisition (DAQ)
interfaces, digital and analog output interfaces in
C, C++, Java 2,Visual Basic, XML, MathLab,
LabView, LabWindows, automating close to 100% of
Inspired by USC prominent academic
environment, Mr. Koffi wrote about his
experience in the IT industry.The
resulting article was published by the
Journal of Systems
Engineering in May 2005.
In 2006, Mr. Koffi joined IRDETO (then known as Entriq). Mr. Koffi Led the Enterprise
Information ArchitectureTeam of three members. He helped establish Architectural
Road-maps and he enforced Domain Driven Design standards and best practices for
aligning the company's Pay-Media Customer Care and BillingApplication to its business
goals (http://irdeto.com/documents/HL_BSS_ValueProp_EN_L.pdf) in an Agile Environment.
Mr. Koffi was responsible for the management of the company's Enterprise Architecture
repository using Sparx Systems EnterpriseArchitect (EA) CASETool with XML and SQL
Server.These efforts were praised by Sparx Systems website:
Mr. Koffi’s duties included:
• Championing the use of Sparx EnterpriseArchitecture (EA) repository that supported
cross functional collaboration by offering a common source of integrated up to date
business and technology information for the entire organization. Major strategy,
business and technology artifacts were traced to each other allowing any authorized user
to navigate the EA repository from highly aggregated levels down to any level of details.
• Designing EA Model Repository metrics and audit reports used by Solution Architects,
the Engineering Director and theVP of Engineering for Planning and Decision Making.
• Coaching Business Analysts with creation of UML Use Cases and application screen
mock ups (Wire Frames), streamlining requirements management process across the SDLC.
In 2009, Mr. Koffi left
Southern California for
the state of Minnesota.
Shortly after his arrival
In theTwin Cities, Mr. Koffi
was inspired to write some
more about his IT
The Resulting Paper was
Published by the Journal of
Mr. Koffi’s article is now
featured by the ACM as
Part of its
In 2010, Mr. Koffi joined the Information Architecture Group (IAG) as a Senior
RequirementsArchitect Consultant. Mr. Koffi performed RequirementsArchitecture tasks
for the modernization and integration of four state-wide IT systems belonging to a
consortium of four U.S. Midwestern and SouthWestern State Government Agencies.
Mr. Koffi’s duties included:
• Capturing Business Use Case Scenarios during Requirements Elicitation sessions
involving subject matter experts from four U.S. State Government Agencies
• Performing Business RequirementsArchitecture (Business Use Cases,
Business Information Model, Business Process Model, Business Rules, Non-Functional
Requirements)Analysis and Documentation
• Coordinating interaction and content exchange necessary between consulting team
and customer Subject Matter Expert to capture, update, review and close Issues.
• Managing RequirementsChanges and Sign-off process
• Capturing Business Requirements using Rational Composer
In 2011, Mr. Koffi began consulting for MGC Diagnostics as a Senior BusinessAnalyst.
Mr. Koffi’s played a key role in establishing Business Requirements Management processes
needed to convert company’s legacy software products to .NETWeb Platform.
Mr. Koffi’s responsibilities included:
• Advocating a cultural transition to embrace more mature and effective Business
Requirements management processes and tools integrated with a new Model Driven
• Defining Requirements Gathering and Documentation processes
• Defining robust RequirementsTraceability methods covering all major SDLC phases
• Conducting Requirements Elicitation meetings with subject matter experts
• Capturing Business Processes (BPMN, UML activity diagrams), Business Requirements,
Business Use Cases, Interactive User Interface Mockups, and SysML Parametric Models in
Sparx Systems EnterpriseArchitect (EA)V.10 CASETool
• Creating automated requirements reporting tools from Sparx EA to Microsoft Excel and
• Creating automated integration between MicrosoftTFS and Sparx EA.
• Participating in SCRUM/AGILE meetings
Over the past year, MGC Diagnostics Stock price has increased by about 72%
Please Contact us at PragmatiCohesion.com to hire our services.