2. ADESOJI ADEGBULU www.makemoneyonlineng.com Welcome. WordPress is a very special project to me. Every developer and contributor adds somethingunique to the mix, and together we create somethingbeautiful that Im proud to be a part of. Thousands ofhours have gone into WordPress, and were dedicatedto making it better every day. Thank you for making it part of your world. — Matt Mullenweg WordPress – CODE IS POETRY!
3. Matt Mullenweg founded WordPress on May 27th, 2003. The name WordPress was suggested byChristine Selleck Tremoulet, a friend of Mullenweg
4. WordPress was started in 2003 with a single bit of code toenhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewerusers than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since thenit has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in theworld, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions ofpeople every day.It was created by and for the community, which means thereare hundreds of people all over the world working on it (Morethan most commercial platforms) It also means you are freeto use it for anything from your personal home page to a verybig business site without paying anyone a license fee and anumber of other important freedoms
6. What is WordPress?Why WordPress?How to Install WordPressWordPress ResourcesWordPress TipsCreating Online Wealth with WordPressQuestions & AnswersMy BonusesMy Question
7. The definition of WordPress in simple termsWordPress is a powerful open source publishingplatform based on PHP and MySQL that comes witha great set of features designed to make yourexperience as a publisher on the Internet as easy,pleasant and appealing as possible.It is a free, standardcompliant, fast, light and free content managementsystem, with sensible default settings and features,and an extremely customizable core.
8. Why I Recommend WordPress WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms available today. And for a good reason, over 70% of popular sites are built on WordPress It’s powerful enough to be a complete CMS, has every feature or function a blogger could dream of (either built in or available via plugins or custom functions), and it’s free and open source.
9. Why I Recommend WordPressWordPress is very easy to use. You don’t need all thesuperior knowledge to use and work with it.There are many great things about WordPress. Itmakes a great blog, great content managementsystem and, perhaps best of all. WordPress makessharing content and attracting readers to your site abreeze. WordPress is not simply a website, butrather a content-publishing platform.It is search engine friendly and Google lovesWordPress
10. Why I Recommend WordPressYou are free to do whatever you like with theWordPress code, extend it or modify in any way oruse it for commercial projects without any licensingfees. It is free not only because of price but also thefreedom to have complete control over it.It is trusted by content publishers both large andsmall including CNN and the NY Times.WordPress is supported by a vibrant community ofusers who have already solved many of the toughestchallenges to sharing information today.
11. WordPress is the best Content Management System
12. Manual InstallationPlease note, you will need to create a database forWordPress on your Cpanel for this manual installation towork. Log in to your cPanel Click MySQL Database Wizard icon under the Databases section. Create a Database enter the database name and click Next Step. Create Database Users enter the database user name and the password. Make sure to use a strong password. Click Create User. Add User to Database click the All Privileges checkbox and click Next Step. Complete the task note the database name and user. Write down the values of hostname, username, databasename, and the password you chose. (Note that hostname will usually be localhost.)
13. Manual InstallationFamous 5-minute Manual install Download WordPress from WordPress.org Unzip the package in an empty directory on your webhost control panel and upload everything. Open wp-admin/install.php in your browser. It will take you through the process to set up a wp-config.php file with your database connection details. If for some reason this doesnt work, dont worry. It doesnt work on all web hosts. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details. Save the file as wp-config.php and upload it. Open wp-admin/install.php in your browser.
14. Manual InstallationOnce the configuration file is set up, the installer willset up the tables needed for your blog. If there is anerror, double check your wp-config.php file, and tryagain.If you did not enter a password, note the passwordgiven to you. If you did not provide a username, itwill be admin.The installer should then send you to the login page.Sign in with the username and password you choseduring the installation. If a password was generatedfor you, you can then click on Profile to change thepassword.
15. Automatic InstallationAlthough WordPress is very easy to install, you canuse one of the one-click autoinstallers typicallyavailable from hosting companies. Four of thoseautoinstallers, (mt) Media Temple 1-ClickTool, Fantastico, Installatron, and Softaculous.Fantastico Login to your cPanel account and click on the Fantastico (or Fantastico Deluxe) option Once you enter Fantastico on the left hand side there is a Blogs Category under which WordPress is there. Click on it. Click on the New Installation Link in the WordPress Overview Fill in the various details and Submit. Thats it you are done!
16. Automatic InstallationSoftaculous Login to your host and look for Software/Services In Softaculous there is a Blogs Category. Collapse the category and WordPress will be there. Click on it. You will see an Install TAB. Click it. Fill in the various details and Submit. Thats it, you are done!
17. Automatic Installation
18. Hosting, Themes, Plugins WordPress Hosting In order to run a completely customized WordPress blog, you need to have your own hosting account. The webhost must be a PHP version 5.2.4 or higher and MySQL version 5.0 or higher. Some of the Webhosts that provides easy WordPress installations are Hostgator, Web4Africa, Hostable etc You can go for basic, intermediate of advanced hosting depending on what you will be using the hosting account for
19. Hosting, Themes, Plugins WordPress Themes A good website/blog comes from a good design. The designs are in the form of a WordPress theme which you can get free or pay to get. When it comes to creating a high quality blog or website, the first thing you should focus on is a professional looking design. Some of the profession theme suppliers I use are Theme Forest & Theme Junkie. Others are StudioPress, WooThemes, Headway, Thesis… You can get themes in the category of CMS/Business; Magazine/News; Photo; Portfolio; Personal Blog etc
20. Hosting, Themes, Plugins WordPress Plugins One of the best things about WordPress is the ability to add plugins. Plugins are a great way to expand WordPress and adapt it to suit your needs. They are also easy to install and are often available for free Some of the plugins I personally use and recommend to all of my clients are All In One SEO Pack, Google XML Sitemaps, Google Analytics, Contact Form, WordPress Database Backup, Maintenance Mode, WP Super Cache, Facebook Comments, Ads Rotate, Easy Mashable etc
23. Finding Answers Getting More WordPress Help Using the Support Forums New To WordPress - Where to Start First Steps With WordPress Introduction to Blogging WordPress Semantics - Learning the Jargon WordPress Support Forum IRC Freenode WordPress Support on channel #wordpress WordPress IRC Live Help FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
24. Installation Problems Getting Started With WordPress - Installation Common Installation Problems Moving WordPress Importing Posts and Comments from Another Blog Software Ive Lost My PasswordDesign Problems & Layout CSS Fixing_Browser Bugs CSS Troubleshooting Finding Your CSS Styles Troubleshooting Nested Lists Site Design and Layout WordPress Lessons FAQ Themes, Layout and Design FAQ Using WordPress
25. Comment Spam Moderating Comments Spammers Have Overwhelmed My Comments Combating Comment Spam Common Spam Words FAQ Working with WordPressFrequently Asked Question FAQ About WordPress FAQ Installation FAQ New To WordPress FAQ Working with WordPress FAQ Themes, Layout and Design FAQ Using WordPress FAQ Advanced Topics FAQ Troubleshooting FAQ Developer Documentation FAQ About the WordPress Codex
26. Solving Common Problems FAQ Troubleshooting Enabling Sending Referrers The Layout is All Messed Up I Make Changes and Nothing Happens Permalinks Wont Work WordPress Backups Backing Up Your Database Restoring Your Database From Backup My Plugin Wont Work Solving MySQL Database Error 28
27. WordPress Solutions and ServicesBasic WordPress SetupProfessional WordPress SetupWordPress SEO ServicesCoaching/ConsultingTheme Creation & CustomizationCustom Plugins DevelopmentMigration from other blogging platforms toWordPress & Conversion of Websites to WordPressWordPress Security AuditsWordPress Technical Support & Maintenance
28. WordPress Solutions and ServicesBasic Setup Relevant advice on the purchase of domain name and web hosting. Offer WordPress themes for free. Upload, install and configure the top 10 required Plugins Create email addresses. Make theme ready for AdSense and other advertising. You can charge between $200 & $500.00 for this
29. WordPress Solutions and ServicesProfessional Setup Good Webhosting Package Installation of a theme of your choice Install advanced Ping list and robots.txt file Configure a sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz to promote search engine rankings Install advanced plugins to work with your theme Configure spam protection to prevent comment spam Create a customized RSS feed to promote your site and allow users to subscribe to updates Install logo and graphics Documentation and training You can charge between $800 & $5, 000.00 for this
30. WordPress Solutions and ServicesSearch Engine Optimization Service Abide strictly to the rules of authentic Search Engine Optimization - Organic traffic and white hat SEO. WordPress Site Optimization and SEO audits Understand how search engines works and also know what search engines wants. Keywords recommendation, link building and strategies for article writing. Install and configure the best SEO plugins for WordPress. Install content delivery network (CDN). Add XML and HTML sitemaps.
31. WordPress Solutions and ServicesSearch Engine Optimization Service Register your site with Google webmaster central SEO Friendly Permalinks Breadcrumb navigation. On-Page SEO (Keywords, Internal linking etc) Off-Page SEO (Linkback, Authority etc) You can charge as much as $2, 000 for this
32. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Coaching & Consulting This is basically training people on the use of WordPress and also providing supports. Find out if WordPress is the right platform for your clients etc Teach on how to utilize WordPress You can offer this Coaching/Consulting for $100.00 (more or less) per hour (2 hour minimum) In-Person, Through Email, Over Telephone, Video Conferences on Skype etc
33. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Theme Creation & Customization There are thousands of WordPress themes available for free on the Internet. Most of these themes have licenses which allow them to be customized to meet your needs. Theme customization to meet your customers preferences. Custom design work, theme modifications/tweaks, PSD to WordPress.
34. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Theme Creation & Customization This involves replacing text logo with image; disable ‘written by’ and author info; hide time and date from the post page; add tag cloud; add widget area; customize blog layout; replace home blog page with custom page; change color scheme (images); add/remove widgets; change font name and size etcYou can charge as much as $1,500 for this.
35. WordPress Solutions and Services Custom Plugins Development Follow a detailed coding standard that ensures you deliver only the highest quality products and services. These must fulfil the requirements of your client. It takes days to develop a plugin but it is very profitable. Determine the actual needs of your clients and write a specification that they would be happy with.You can charge less than $1,000 or more than$5,000 per Plugin depending on the type of plugin
36. WordPress Solutions and ServicesMigration from other blogging platforms toWordPress & Conversion of Websites to WordPress BlogSpot/Blogger to WordPress WordPress.com to WordPressConvert .html, .php or .asp or a flash website into aWordPress site for content management purposeYou can charge between $100 and $500per transfer/conversion
37. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Security Audits There are a lot of potential security leaks most especially on business blogs. These can come as a result of old WordPress version, plugin version, insecure file permissions, weak password etc. The security audit is specially designed for ensuring WordPress blogs are running on tight security. The first phase is security audit where you access the current security situation of a site and give a detailed report with recommended actions to take in securing the site. The second phase is security lockdown in which you will implement security measures.
38. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Security AuditsYou Do... A thorough inspection of your client’s server configuration, database, WordPress files, themes and plugins. Detailed report of your client’s websites vulnerabilities and recommendations on making it more secure. Audit & ReviewYou can charge $300 per security audit and solution
39. WordPress Solutions and ServicesWordPress Technical Support & Maintenance Installing and updating plugins, WordPress upgrades, and databases Database backup. Performance audit to identify bottlenecks, troublesome plugins, etc.You can charge between $100 & $500 per support
40. The FREE guide will show you the followings indetails; 1. Choosing a Niche & Keyword Research 2. Choosing your Domain Name 3. Registering your Domain Name 4. Setting up your Web Hosting Account 5. Updating your Domain Nameservers 6. Creating Domain Name Email Addresses 7. Installing WordPress Blog using Fantastico 8. Installing WordPress Blog Manually 9. Installing WordPress Themes to your Blog
41. The FREE guide will show you the followings indetails; 10. Installing WordPress Plugins to your Blog 11. Search Engine Optimization for your Blog 12. Creating Categories for your Blog 13. Creating Additional Pages for your Blog 14. Writing your first post for your Blog 15. Adding Pictures & Video to your Blog 16. Monetizing your WordPress Blog 17. Adding Adsense and Affiliate Banners 18. Adding Google Analytics to your Blog 19. Traffic Generation techniques for your Blog
42. Are you going to start using WordPress to createOnline Wealth?
43. Open Source.Open source software means two things: first of all it isfree for any sort of use. You can use it to power yourpersonal blog or even to power your corporate website.Secondly, it will remain free forever.State-of-the-art platform.WordPress is arguably the most reliable andsophisticated publishing platform available on the web.It has a wide range of basic and advanced features, andsince it uses the PHP language, anyone can edit andtweak the core code to create new uses and features.Moreover, WordPress makes it very easy to manage anysite, and it already comes with some search engineoptimization.
44. Active Community.Another benefit of using WordPress is the support that you willhave from its active community. The WordPress support forums arealways full of members ready to help fellow WordPress users and toexplain how you can solve your technical problems. On top of thatyou will also find a wide range of websites and blogs that areexclusively dedicated to WordPress and its development.Themes.WordPress uses themes, which are nothing more than webtemplates that can be installed and switched between with a singleclick. There are thousands of freely available WordPress themes,and there are also many companies that produce premium qualityWordPress themes that you can purchase and install in your blog.Plugins.WordPress already comes with a large number of features out ofthe box, and you also have thousands of plugins, most developedby the users themselves, that can be installed and that will carryout all sorts of tasks.