Using Nebraska OverDrive with Nook, Sony and Other Devices
Using OverDrive with Nook or other non-Kindle eReaderThe Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998 has requiredmost ebooks to be protected by technology measures collectivelyknown as Digital Rights Management (DRM). DRM tells you want youcan and cannot do with a file based on copyright holder’s direction.OverDrive uses Adobe Content Management Server to preserve DRMon items purchased for use by library patrons. Because of this feature,Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is required for any title downloadedthrough OverDrive. ADE is free software provided by Adobe, but itmust be installed on a computer.1. Go to Nebraska OverDrive at http://nebraska.lib.overdrive.com2. Use Advanced Search to find eBooks that are available.
3. Add an available title you want to your cart. IMPORTANT: You doNOT want the Kindle format. 4. Proceed to Checkout andSelect your library.
5. Sign in with your Library Information. Library barcode (14 digits, nospaces) from the back of your card and your Library PIN. If you don’tknow your Library PIN, it could be your 4 digit year of birth. If youhave additional trouble signing in, please contact the Library email@example.com or 308-535-8036 for help. 123456789012346. Choose your loan period and Confirm Check Out
7. If you have already downloaded and installed ADE on your computerproceed here, otherwise see the ADE install tips page at the end of thisdocument. You only install ADE once. Choose Download.8. ADE starts up and the ebook is downloaded to ADE and opened forreading within ADE. LEFT: Firefox asks to open in ADE BELOW: IE allows you to save or open, choose Open
9. The book downloads and opens in ADE. You can read your book onyour computer.10. To transfer the book to your eReader device, connect your deviceto the computer via the included USB cable. Wait for your computer toload the device.
11. When your device drivers load, you will see your eReader in ADE.12. Click the book cover in the library and drag it on top of your device.
13. Properly remove your device from your system. You can now enjoy the title on your device for the remaining loan period.
Nook and non-Kindle Device FAQsQ: Checking in items early. How?1. Open ADE on the same computer where you downloaded the title2. In the library, on the title there is a small arrow in the upper left corner of the book cover. Click the book cover arrow.3. Choose Return Borrowed Item from the drop menu4. If the item is expired this is also the way to delete the item from ADE only choose Delete Item from the cover arrow menu.5. You can use ADE to delete the title from your device by clicking the device and then finding the title you wish to delete and then using the cover arrow menu to delete the item.
Nook and non-Kindle Device FAQsQ: How do I install ADE?1. Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#fp2. Launch the installer. Requires Administrator or program installation credentials to install software onto the computer.3. ADE opens and your are shown a Setup Assistant screen.
Nook and non-Kindle Device FAQsQ: How do I install ADE? (continued)4. ADE wants to Authorize the Computer which requires an Adobe ID. If you already have one you can enter it here, otherwise get an Adobe ID Online.5. If you mess up or for some reason want to do this again, SHIFT + CTRL + D will de-authorize the computer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nook and non-Kindle Device FAQsQ: I think I got the title downloaded but I can’t find it on my device. Where did it go?1. This is dependent on how your device works with ADE. On a Nook device the titles are not under Books but are under My Files or My Documents.
Nook and non-Kindle Device FAQsQ: How do I get everything off my device that’s expired?1. Delete it from your device by finding it and going to item options and choosing delete.2. Delete it from your device by opening ADE, connecting your device to your computer, clicking on your device and using the cover arrow menu to delete the item from your device.3. Delete it from your device by connecting your device to your computer and then using My Computer to find the device drive and the file and choosing delete. [Also known as using Windows or Mac Explorer for file management.]4. Choose 1, 2, or 3 above and answer appropriately to any prompts you may receive.