2. Communication and team dynamics
One of the most important aspects of team dynamics is communication. It
can lead, on the one hand, to a team being extremely efficient and
successful, or, on the other hand, inefficient and a terrible failure.
Ineffective communication can be a source of discontent in a team. The
purpose of team communication is to enhance team performance;
therefore, it is each team member’s responsibility to ensure effective
3. Communication and team dynamics
Four crucial elements teams must possess to communicate effectively
- a willingness to have open authentic discussions,
- active listening,
- willingness to confront conflicts,
- mutual understanding.
4. Communication and team dynamics
There are several factors a team has to consider when creating the
environment for open authentic discussions:
determining how each individual of the team communicates,
5. Communication and team dynamics
- accessing each individual team member’s strengths and weaknesses as it
pertains to clearly expressing their views and opinions (once this
information is captured, then members will have a better understanding
as to how to get all team members to participate in discussing key topics
related to team goals),
6. Communication and team dynamics
making sure that team members who are more expressive do not use
this as an opportunity to dominate a more introverted team member,
- encouraging clear objective conversations ( open discussions are a great
way to get to know your team members, and this will lead to team trust),
- presenting information in a factual manner.
7. Communication and team dynamics
With effective communication, teams can easily excel in areas such as:
- meeting deadlines,
- accomplishing difficult tasks,
- maintaining moral within the team.
8. Communication and team dynamics
Successful relationship will emerge if team members help one another by
communicating ideas and tactics. Productivity will also increase with the
proper lines of communication.