3. What is globalwarming?Global Warming is the increase ofEarths average surface temperaturedue to effect of greenhouse gases,such as carbon dioxide emissions fromburning fossil fuels or fromdeforestation, which trap heat thatwould otherwise escape from Earth.This is a type of greenhouse effect.
4. How Global Warming works?We all use energy everyday. Most of our energy comes from burning fossil fuels such as coal,gas and oil. Fossil fuels are polluting our world and causing it to get hotter.
5. Example of the greenhouse effectThe sun’s energy passes through the car’s windshield.This energy (heat) is trapped inside the car and cannot pass back through the windshield,causing the inside of the car to warm up.
6. Global Warming ......What is the difference between “Global warming”and “Climate change”?Global Warming: is the increase of the earth’s averagesurface temperature due to a build-up of greenhousegases in the atmosphere.Climate Change: is a broader term that refers to long-termchanges in climate, including average temperature andprecipitation.
7. Global Warming Causes Carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel burning power plants Carbon dioxide emissions from burning gasoline for transportation Methane emissions from animals, agriculture such as rice paddies. Deforestation, especially tropical forests for wood, pulp, and farmland Increase in usage of chemical fertilizers on croplands
8. Global Warming Causes
9. Effects of Global WarmingThere are major effects of global warming: Increase of temperature on the earth by about 3° to 5° C (5.4° to 9° Fahrenheit) by the year 2100.
10. Effects of Global Warming Land Ice Melting and Rising Sea Levels by at least 25 meters (82 feet) by the year 2100.
11. Effects of Global Warming Sea Level Trend
12. Global Warming effect
13. What’s the proof that global warming is taking place?Portage Glacier - Alaska 1914 2004
14. What’s the proof that global warming is taking place?Colorado River - Arizona June 2002 Dec 2003
15. How to help stop Global Warming? Use Less Heat and Air Conditioning Change a Light Bulb Drive Less and Drive Smart Buy Energy-Efficient Products Use Less Hot Water Use the “Off” Switch Plant a Tree
16. ReuseBy using products made with recycled materials. Make orbuy a compost bin to use your organic waste as fertilizerfor your trees, shrubs, and garden.
17. ReduceThe amount of energy you consume and start usingrenewable energy sources, such as wind power and solarpower. Sign up for Green Energy with your local powerprovider. If they dont have it, then tell them to get it.
18. RecycleAll materials toyour best ability inyour local area