Classroom Rules and Procedures
•Be an active participant in your education.
•Follow the rules and policies of the SIJ
DisciplineThose choosing not the rules and guidelines regarding leadership standards for level one
offenses such as talking out, not following directions, etc. will result in:
• 1st: a verbal warning from Ms. Czoykowski
• 2nd: a level one offense recorded in the behavior rubric and an email home
• More serious offenses such as horseplay, name-calling, cheating, etc. will be recorded
immediately into the behavior rubric and dealt with according to high level consequences.
• I use a point system for
grading. That means that
assignments such as tests
and projects will be worth
• Some assignments will be
graded for completion and will
be entered as participation
• NO extra credit or makeup
• Homework will be assigned on a
• Use your planner!
• Failure to do homework will result
in a 10% reduction in grade and
you will be given one night to
complete the assignment.
• All classwork and
homework for the day will
be recorded by a student
in the homework binder.
• You have the amount of
days absent to make up
Entering and Leaving Class
• You should enter the class quietly, get out your
homework and a red pen, and immediately begin bell
• Before leaving class, make sure your area is cleaned
up and that you are not packing up before the bell rings.
• Remember, I dismiss class; the bell does not.
Turning in Assignments
• Compositions and projects that
should be brought into class on the
day the assignment is due.
• If you have printer issues, please
email me the assignment the night
before or first thing in the morning.
Excuses at class time will not be
• We may check assignments
together in class or I may collect it.
• All papers that are turned in should
have a complete header. (Name,
• Completing your job is
extremely important to a
functioning classroom. YOU
ARE RESPONSIBLE for
performing your job daily. (am
• Failure to do so will result in a
warning and level one
Beginning of the Day Procedure
• Unpack back packs and lunch bags
• Hand in any materials for the office/Ms. Czoykowski
• Get books ready for your a.m. classes
• Do your a.m. job if you have one
• Begin bell work immediately!
End of the day procedure
• Put away books
• Copy down homework
• Do your p.m. job if you have one
• Pack up (double check your homework to make sure you
• Get mail
• Stack chairs and stand at your desk to be dismissed.