25. Do you ever get tired of using the same old words over and over again when you are writing? Do you ever want to use a new word for an old word? DO YOU LIKE TO SOUND SMART?
26. If you do then you need a thesaurus! What is a thesaurus? A thesaurus is book about words. Like a dictionary, the entry words are listed in alphabetical order. However, instead of giving the meanings of those words, the thesaurus lists synonyms and sometimes antonyms for each entry word.
27. What is a synonym? Synonyms are words that have similar meanings. Example: a synonym for happy would be glad
28. What is an antonym? Antonyms are words which have opposite meanings. Example: Hot Cold
29. Why would we use a thesaurus? We use a thesaurus to improve our writing and to explore words. The thesaurus can show you the right word to use to say exactly what you mean and to introduce you to new words.