1. Keeping Your Stories Straight: Aligning Social Media and Content Marketing Strategies @ardath421 Ardath Albee CEO & B2B Marketing Strategist Marketing Interactions, Inc.
2. About Ardath Albee Clients include:Storyteller, Die-Hard Writer, Marketing Geek, Strategy Nut27 years of business management & marketing leadership Author of eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale Industry Speaker, Workshop Leader, Blogger Top 50 Marketing & Sales Influencer 2012Obsessed about helping B2B companies use eMarketingstrategies & contagious content platforms to turn prospectsinto buyers.Believes buyer personas are the key foundational tool for everycontent strategy.www.marketinginteractions.com @ardath421
3. Conversation Starters73% of IT Decision Makers want to discover ideasthey can share and discuss with colleagues. IDG
4. A Few Things About Humans Negative outweighs Positive Layering is the basis for Vision Experience must match Expectation Immediacy is driven by Reward Engagement requires Reciprocity
5. Going Au Naturel Nurturing programs are not defined by your database.
6. Gain Reach With “Natural Nurturing” Your Database Has Limits Search Get Found Email for Tweets Press Release Nurturing Articles Blog Lead Posts DatabaseConnected Conversations LinkedIn Status/Groupsand Content Pathways Offers for Lead Generation
7. Orchestrate ProgressionBuyer clicks link in Lands on featured Clicks link to white Tweet article on website paper mentionedSees webinar on Reads blog post, Downloads white related topic subscribes and paper and clicks onpromoted in blog Tweets link to post link to blog post feed You follow up withRegisters to attend Asks a great the answer and webinar question at the end conversation begins
8. Why Consistency CountsIt’s up to you to connect the dots for your prospects.They will not do it themselves.
9. Channel Consistency is Critical Twitter Website Blog 3 new widgets for How access to colleagues We’re the leading #collaboration in 2013 and data powers #ourcompany + link provider of… productivity Our SaaS #collaboration Our X solution won Improve your customertools increase productivityby 30% - check it out + link another award! satisfaction with presenceWe just released a mobile We added 37 new Shorten your time to app for secure doc customers this revenue with project #collaboration + link month workspaces Product Focus Company Focus Customer Focus
10. Think “Hubs”
11. Email Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Google+ WOM Gain “Earned” Triggers#1 for use & influence is information supplied by a peer/colleague
12. Engagement Is Your Compass • Audience Use this data • Topics to inform marketing • Channels program • Content design
14. Paige MustoSr. Manager, Public Relations & Social Mediapaige@act-on.net@PR_Maven www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW
15. Embracing the New Speed of Business • Growing use and adoption of mobile & social • Multiplication of communication channels • Increased transparency; always-on • Greater accessibility to customers & prospectsKEY: Take advantage of highly visible & relevant chatter/trends to increase brand salience www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW
16. Is Agile Marketing Right for Me? • Outgrown a static annual plan • Experiment + variety • Big data, analytics, & KPIs • Individuals & interactions supersede target markets • Collaborate and unify teamsKEY: Unified front at all touch points – continuously adjust to changing conditions www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW
17. Metrics for Social Media’s Contribution • Total # of leads • Volume and share of voice • Engagement • Frequency of hashtag usedKEY: Many pieces of the puzzle fit together to build the bigger picture www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW
18. Building a Calendar Workflow Master Campaign Calendar Content Marketing Calendar Social Ed Calendar ShareKEY: Interrelated content that complements and supports your strategy www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW
19. Review• Embracing the New Speed of Business• Is Agile Marketing Right for Me?• Metrics for Social Media’s Contribution• Real World Example• Building a Calendar Workflow www.act-on.com | @ActOnSoftware | #ActOnSW