Martin Jackson's updates Load more
Martin Jackson commented on Automated Java Deployments With Rpm @ChrisCarroll2, Yes there's probably a lot, I still think we should always tokenize the build. I'm not so married to the use Maven to explode the WARs into RPM's though after I found the unpackWARs="false" feature in tomcat and married that with md5 finger printing.
Since I do more Continuous Delivery work these days I'm typical more interested in using the CI system build number as the version number of any deployable package.
I've also become a proponent of better automated testing and always rolling forward since I find that idea of rolling back is becoming less desirable and sometimes impossible (re: schema changes).
- 3 months ago
Latest from people followed
- Linux tag 2013 Data Center Au... from schlomo 17 hours ago, 20 views
- LinuxTag 2013 - Open Source S... from schlomo 2 days ago, 25 views
- Let’s bring the teams back to... from KrisBuytaert 6 days ago, 104 views
- Be Mean to Your Code - DevOps... from wickett 3 weeks ago, 409 views
- Devops 4 Saas from KrisBuytaert 4 weeks ago, 175 views
- OSDC 2013 - Configuration Man... from schlomo 1 month ago, 265 views
- Metrics 4 faster feedback from KrisBuytaert 3 months ago, 641 views
- Monitoring in the cloud with ... from KrisBuytaert 3 months ago, 3138 views
- One Does Not Simply Walk Into... from uri1803 3 months ago, 1947 views
- Continuous Development with J... from PuppetLabs 10 months ago, 3693 views
- State of Puppet - London from PuppetLabs 1 month ago, 430 views
- Configuration Surgery with Au... from PuppetLabs 10 months ago, 1365 views
- Automated Puppet Testing - Pu... from PuppetLabs 10 months ago, 1444 views
- How Can We Better Sell DevOps? from realgenekim 2 months ago, 2116 views
- Replacing "exec" with a type ... from PuppetLabs 3 months ago, 622 views
- Selenium and The Grinder from o19s 2 years ago, 2420 views