1. CPAF FestivAl DireCtor KEN HALL (CPAF Festival Director) - Ken serves as StudentMinistry Consultant in the Discipleship and Family Ministry Department of theMississippi Baptist Convention Board (MBCB). Prior to serving the MBCB, he served asAssociate Pastor/Minister of Music at Brownsville Baptist Church in Brownsville, TN;Minister to Students at First Baptist Church in Columbus, MS; and Minister of Youth andActivities at First Baptist Church in Yazoo City, MS. He holds a Master of ReligiousEducation degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, TX,and a Bachelor of Recreation Leadership from the University of Mississippi. A native ofPine Bluff, Arkansas, Ken is married to the former Jerri Sue Clower of Yazoo City, MS.Ken and Sue live in Clinton, MS, and have two children. Their son Payne is a freshmanat the University of Alabama, and their daughter, Mary Paige, is a tenth grader atClinton High School.
2. FestivAl & DrAmA CoorDinAtor Bobby Everett (CPAF Festival & Drama Coordinator) –Bobby graduated from Belhaven University in Jackson, MS and leads workshops at manychurches throughout the convention and at the State and National Performing ArtsFestivals. He has been involved with the Christian Performing Arts Festival a little after itfirst started. The Lord called Bobby to use his theatrical talents many years ago to helpteach and train others in sharing God’s Love through the Performing Arts. He has beenactively involved in community and professional theatre and opera for over 35 years. Hehas a vast knowledge in a wide spectrum of events including Theatre, Opera, MusicalTheatre, Ballet, Biblical Pageants, and Music. With the Mississippi Opera Company, hehas held the post of production director, assistant stage director, singer, stage manager,actor, props master, makeup artist, and costume master. He studied directing under BodoIgesz, stage director with the New York Metropolitan Opera Company. Bodo studieddirecting under the renown film and stage director Franco Zeffirelli (film director of Jesusof Nazareth and Romeo & Juliet), which gave Bobby second-hand experience underMr. Zeffirelli. He has worked with the renowned opera director Carlos Menotti, founder andstage director for the Spolleto Opera Festival that is in Italy & the United States. He hasalso studied under Francesco Privitera, European stage director in Germany. He hasworked with many well known opera singers from the U.S. and Europe. Bobby is thedrama director at Parkway Baptist Church where he has directed numerous Easter &Christmas Pageants and skits, since 1985. He produced and directed The Greatest Gift,one of the largest ten-scene drive through Nativities in the Southeast United States thatwas performed annually. Several Travel Magazines have written articles on thisproduction, which won the Spirit of Christmas Award in the city of Clinton. He was alsoinvolved for more than 17 years with New Stage Theatre in a variety of areas.
3. CPAF AssistAnt Rene’ Edwards (CPAF Assistant) - Rene’ is the MinistryAssistant at the Mississippi Baptist Convention Board, Discipleship, and FamilyMinistry. She is originally from Atlanta, Georgia and moved to Mississippi whenshe was nine years old and has been here ever since. She is married to WesleyEdwards of Jackson and they have two children; Jason Edwards, 28 and JaimeEdwards K8ennedy, 25. Rene’ and Wesley have been active members of FirstBaptist Church, Madison for the past 25 years.
4. registrAtion CoorDinAtor(No Picture Available) Vickie Roberts (CPAF Registration Coordinator) – Vickieis a volunteer with the Christian Performing Arts Festival. You can find her at theRegistration Desk where she keeps up with lost and found, t-shirts, directions, andassistance to all. She has been volunteering for CPAF longer than she can remember;her first Christian Performing Arts Festival was at Calvary Baptist Church, 1300 WestCapitol Street, Jackson, MS. Recently, she has also volunteered to assist with BibleDrill competitions at the Madison and Brandon locations. She has a very activeimagination and loves the Lord, fun, clowns, puppets, drama, and recreation.
5. PuPPet CoorDinAtor Martha Cannon (CPAF Puppet Coordinator) - Marthagot her start in puppetry from a church training class she was teaching to sixth graders.In the lesson, she was asked to make puppets as a teaching tool. From that smallbeginning she began what has become a life-long calling to ministry in Puppetry and theCreative Arts. For the past 34 years, she has continued to learn and minister in the artforms. As director of New Directions Ministries, she seeks to use puppetry and dramaas a gospel tool to minister in the name of Christ. Her dream is to one day use herpuppetry training and experience in mission work. “I have a heart for the youth I workwith. I get excited to see God’s hand at work in their lives. I am constantly looking tosee God at work and desire to be a part of what He is doing in His kingdom.” Besidescoordinating CPAF in the area of puppetry, she also works closely with Fellowship ofChristian Puppeteers a national organization who promotes training and excellence inthe area of puppetry and the Christian Arts. Martha is married to Garry, a wonderfulman, who assists her in her work and has five grown children. She is a grandmother oftwo beautiful babies. “I am grateful for all the wonderful things God has done in my life,for the blessings He has bestowed on me, and for all He is teaching me in the journey.”
6. reCreAtion CoorDinAtor Myrna Gregory (CPAF Recreation Coordinator) - Myrna hasworked in the area of recreation and sports ministry for over 21 years. She serves as aMissions Mobilization Associate for Upward Sports. Myrna also serves as a volunteersports chaplain at the Olympics games. She has served with Action Ministries at theOlympic venues in Salt Lake City, Athens, Torino, Beijing, and Vancouver. Myrna hasbeen a teacher and a part of the Mississippi Performing Arts Festival for 21 years.
7. Clowning CoorDinAtor Perry Robbins (CPAF Clowning Coordinator) – Perry is thePastor of Centerville Baptist Church in Tylertown, MS. He has been performing GospelBalloon Art and Magic for ten (10) years. He has a love for children and finding uniqueways to share the gospel. He has been teaching at CPAF for 5 years. He and his wifeBonnie have shared in this ministry from South Carolina to Texas and also in Mexico.
8. CPAF FestivAl musiC leADers Dustin Hinton (CPAF Music Leader) –Dustin lives in Richton, MS and is a member of Emmanuel Freewill Baptist Church. Heis a self-taught guitar player and singer for over 3 years now. Dustin has performed atChurch Youth Rallies, Festivals, and Revivals locally and statewide. Not long agoDustin won the song-writing contest at the Alabama State Festival. This past Octoberhe sang at the MS State Fair Talent Show. He enjoys singing, playing, and anythingthat Praises God. He aspires to grow in his music as a witness and servant of God. Taylor Bryd (CPAF Music Leader)– Taylor was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi and graduated from JacksonAcademy in 2004 and then attended Mississippi State University and graduated in 2008with a degree in Exercise Physiology. Taylor is now pursuing a career in medicine. Hehas been very blessed and fortunate to be a part of leading worship at First BaptistChurch of Jackson, MS and has had the privilege of leading worship at youth and adultretreats, as well. God has blessed Taylor with the talent of music and he enjoys servingGod with the gifts He has given to him. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17