1. This Slide Show is brought to You by http://www.free-health-care.info
2. Learning About the Dangers of Acid Reflux Acid reflux is a very common condition, but surprisingly then one that many people are not fully aware of. Also known as gastro esophageal reflux disease or GERD, acid reflux is a condition that occurs when the liquid content of the stomach regurgitates back up into the esophagus.
3. Feel Heat And Inflammation In The Chest As a result of this the person may begin to feel heat and inflammation in the chest and throat area, similar to heartburn but much more intense. The regurgitated liquid usually contains acid and pepsin which are normally produced by the stomach but which can have a seriously damaging effect on the lining of the esophagus if they make their way back up.
4. Dangers of Acid Reflux Acid reflux is a condition that must be taken very seriously, especially because there are many dangers of acid reflux that can develop. Depending on the severity of your condition there may be different dangers of acid reflux that you will have to be concerned with.
5. Coughing And Asthma Attacks Coughing and asthma attacks are some of the most commonly occurring dangers of acid reflux, and these can develop because refluxed acid has the ability to stimulate nerves in the body, and aside from acid aggravating nerves linked to the lungs, aspiration can also occur.
6. Ulcer Ulcers are another possibility here, and these can get to be incredibly painful because they can end up triggering additional inflammation and soreness. Ulcers are very common in acid reflux sufferers, and although they can be difficult to treat they can heal by forming scar tissue once the inflammation has been relieved.
7. Serious Dangers Of Acid Reflux One of the most serious dangers of acid reflux is a condition known as Barrett’s esophagus. This is a condition which usually occurs once the lower esophagus in the body has been damaged extensively, typically after a prolonged acid reflux condition that has gone untreated.
8. Dealing With Your Condition Because all of these dangers are possible, it is therefore important to deal with your condition appropriately and immediately. Antacids are usually the first step, but most acid reflux sufferers find that the basic antacids are simply not strong enough to offer them any relief.
9. Frequent Meals Traditional therapy would most likely include you being put on prescription drugs, but there are also alternative therapies that you can choose to go with and which can be just as successful. Elevating your head at night while you sleep, eating smaller more frequent meals, and using herbs will all help with an acid reflux condition.
10. This Slide Show is brought to You by http://www.free-health-care.info