1. It’s All About Your App-titude! Joquetta Johnson Library Media Specialist Pikesville High School
4. Introduction – New to iPads? Share Session Getting to Know Your iPad Work Session Tips & Tricks for Using the iPad Share Session Teaching & Learning: Apps by Category Share Session
5. Theres an oldWayne Gretzkyquote that I love. Iskate to where thepuck is going to be,not where it hasbeen. And wevealways tried to dothat at Apple.
6. Ubiquitous Access to Technology Underscores the essential role technology plays in 21st century life and work and, consequently, the role that it must play in learning. Students and educators need 24 / 7 access to information, resources, and technologies that engage and empower them to do background research, information and resource gathering, and data analysis, to publish with multiple media types to wide and varied audiences, to communicate with peers and experts, and to gain experience and expertise in collaborative work. http://ali.apple.com/acot2/principles/
8. Skilledability to do something well:the ability to do somethingwell, usually gained through training or experience http://www.bing.com/Dictionary
9. A SKILLED iPad User Knows how to…take screenshotssubstitute tasks they used to doing ontheir laptopupload and sync images and documentsorganize apps into folderssearch for, open, close, multi-tasktype, copy/paste, edit text, etc. http://langwitches.org/blog/2011/06/11/ipad-fluency/
10. LiterateTo be literate means to haveknowledge or competence 21st Century Fluency ProjectTo have to think about whatyou are going to do next Ian Jukes
11. A Literate iPad User - finds and uses specific apps to… manipulate and edit images and video read books and documents, allow annotations, share highlights aggregate and read my RSS feeds organize and access files brainstorm and mindmap tweet, blog and facebook take notes create presentations, graphs, flyers, etc. http://langwitches.org/blog/2011/06/11/ipad-fluen
12. Fluency FluentTo be fluent is to demonstratemastery and to do sounconsciously and smoothly 21st Century Fluency ProjectAre unconscious skills, you justknow what to do next Ian Jukes
13. A Fluent iPad User Knows how to… connect tasks effortless together (ex. creating and editing a video, then uploading, embedding and disseminating on several platforms) create and then being able to communicate - the ability to create and communicate your creation is one of the main characteristics of fluency read in a RSS Reader and seamlessly disseminate links to Twitter, Facebook and other social bookmarking service not rely on a laptop as a “translator” to convert a file, remix files, upload files… http://langwitches.org/blog/2011/06/11/ipad-fluency/
15. “Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact andcollaborate with others.” CCR.W.6 http://www.convergemag.com/policy/Technology-Permeates-Common-Core-Standards.html
16. http://www.slideshare.net/Lebarone/how-to-use-ipads-in-the-classroom Why is the iPad so suited for student use?•Children think with their fingers. The iPad is an intuitive interface that allows users of all abilities to access the technology to its fullest.•Affordability- with so many apps being available for $.99 teachers are empowered to acquire, explore and provide diverse and current software for their students.•Universal Design- Everyone benefits from using an iPad. When using it to foster independence in the school and broader community, students not only want to but are able to without standing out from their peers.
17. Universal Design for Learningis a set of principles for curriculumdevelopment that give all individualsequal opportunities to learn.UDL provides a blueprint for creatinginstructional goals, methods, materials,and assessments that work foreveryone--not a single, one-size-fits-allsolution but rather flexible approachesthat can be customized and adjustedfor individual needs. http://www.udlcenter.org/aboutudl/udltechnology
18. Why iPad? – Thoughts From theEdTechTeacher Team
19. …the ability to create and manage digitalcontent with and for the iPad, the role ofthe teacher has the potential to change.Schools are starting to see these devicesas change agents simply because theyprovide educators with an easy toolthrough which they can attempt totransform their classes. With iPads, it’spossible to re-invision the role of theteacher to be less of a coach and more ofa curator of information. http://edtechteacher.org/blog/2012/04/why-ipad-thoughts-from-the-edtechteacher-team/
20. The device shouldn’t be looked at as a computer, because it isn’t… it is more than that.Mobile recording device (audio & video)Editing device (audio, video, images & text)Publishing platform (blogs, websites, video,audio and screencasts to YouTube)Digital NotebookDigital Research Platform http://edtechteacher.org/blog/2012/04/why-ipad-thoughts-from-the-edtechteacher-team/
21. The iPad is instant. You can use the iPad for 10minutes in class, slide it under your chair for adiscussion, pop it back open again. You can fit a book or piece of paper and an iPad on adesk. It doesn’t block your view of someone’sface. If you plug them in the night before, they will last all day.These things may seem trivial, but teaching isin many ways a battle against time and tabletsallow much more seamless transition between tech-on and tech-off activities. http://edtechteacher.org/blog/2012/04/why-ipad-thoughts-from-the-edtechteacher-team/
25. K-12•Florida Dept of Ed.•Goochland County Schools(VA)• Maine Dept. of Ed.•Iona PrepUniversity & College•Harvard•Yale•MIT•Columbia Beyond College •Apple Distinguished Educator •Common Sense Media •Edutopia •Khan Academy •Library of Congress
26. Podcasts Discovery Networks PBS CNN Student News Teachers Teaching Teachers Make Your Own Audiocasts Audioboo SoundCloud iTunes U TechTalk4Teachers K-12 Education Reform Apps for the Classroom Classroom 2.0
27. iTunes U Dropbox iBooksQrafter or QrafterPro ($) Common Core UDL
28. Increasing Your App-titude!
29. AppStart Free App A day This Week in Technology http://appadvice.com/appnn http://www.greatappaday.com/ http://freeappaday.com/ http://www.appolicious.com/ http://appitic.com/ http://twit.tv/
63. My Contact Info Joquetta “The Digital Diva" Johnson Pikesville HS Baltimore County Public Schools 410-887-1231 email@example.comMy Digital Footprintwww.joquettajohnson.comwww.twitter.com/accordin2johttp://www.youtube.com/user/accordin2johttp://www.diigo.com/list/accordin2johttp://www.slideshare.net/accordin2johttp://www.scoop.it/u/joquettajohnsonSkype: accordin2jo
64. itunes http://cdn1.afterdawn.fi/v3/news/itunes_u.jpgiTunes Podcast http://internetadvertisinginstitute.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/itunes-podcast.pngIpad template http://www.indiatalkies.com/images/ipad534191.pngGuy with ipad http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ted_dark.jpgKitten hug http://tinyurl.com/6u7mwu3iPad template horizontal http://audionotepadapp.com/en/template_files/ipad_template.pngApp screen http://www.cultofmac.com/158096/be-a-savvy-app-shopper-tips-for-getting-apps-for-less/App Store http://www.freeiconsweb.com/Icons-show/mac_app_store_icon/MacAppStore.png