1. Joquetta “The Digital Diva” Johnson Pikesville High School, Baltimore County Public SchoolsLibrary Media Specialist Virtual 4T Conference Monday, May 21, 2012
2. 20 years – Library Media Specialist 11yrs – Elementary 9 years –High School 22 years – Higher EducationEducational Consultant and Curriculum Writer for ISTE Master Teacher & Curriculum Writer for NTTI A Social Media Maven and Geek Tribe Member who loves her iPad, cupcakes, shopping, automobiles, and the color orange.
3. If Web 1.0 was about online access and Web 2.0 is about social nets, Web 3.0 will be coring down to content that really matters.Martin Smith in the post, Curation - The Next Web Revolution.
4. “…It’s about adding quality back into the equation and putting a human filter between you and the overwhelming world of content abundance that is swirling around us every day. Curation replaces noise with clarity.”Steven Rosenbaum, author Curation Nation Hamilton, Buffy. "Summer Seed Ideas:Curation, Participation, and Student PLEs." Web log post. The Unquiet Librarian. Web. 19 June 2011. <http://theunquietlibrarian.wordpress.com/>.
5. Brian Solis says “…a curator is thethat in social media… keeper of their interest …By discovering, organizin g, and sharing relevant content from around the Web, curators invest in the integrity and vibrancy of their nicheworks.
8. Socialbookmarking is used toshare, organi ze, search,and manage bookmarks of web resources. image URL: http://mrg.bz/Foc6b9
9. a tag is a non-hierarchical keywordor term assigned to a piece ofinformation (such as an Internetbookmark, digital image, orcomputer file)…helps describe anitem and allows it to be foundagain by browsing or searching. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_%28metadata%29
10. A Web site bookmark that includes processing. Bookmarklets… enhance search capabilities, provide information about the Web site as well as perform a number of usefulhttp://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=bookmarklet&i=38830,00.asp functions.
24. Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, request an invite.http://pinterest.com/joquettajohnson/pinterest/
28. With Weblist, you cancreate lists composed ofdifferent item types. Youmay add multipleURLs, files, videos, documents and more. Each listhas its own title anddescription and gets itsown URL. To share yourlist, you simply need to useone single URL, saving youtime and effort. Once yourlist is ready you can save itas a bookmark or as acustomizable homepage.You can share it with yourfriends via email, using thetop social networks or byposting it on your blog. http://weblist.me/
32. …It lets you ‘favorite’ tweets and add them to your ‘favorites’ page. It’s basically a quick way to bookmark great tweets, useful tweets, imageshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/svartling/3638204140/ you see in your stream, etc… http://edudemic.com/2012/05/20-free-and-fun-ways-to-curate-web-content/
35. Image Source: http://bit.ly/bneHxa
36. My Contact Info Joquetta “The Digital Diva" Johnson Pikesville HS Baltimore County Public Schools 410-887-1231 email@example.comMy Digital Footprintwww.joquettajohnson.comwww.twitter.com/accordin2johttp://www.youtube.com/user/accordin2johttp://www.diigo.com/list/accordin2johttp://www.slideshare.net/accordin2johttp://www.scoop.it/u/joquettajohnsonSkype: accordin2jo