3. The Zhou Comes into Power The Zhou people moved East and came into Contact with the Shang Dynasty 1150 B.C. º Zhou attacked the Shang Dinasty
4. Compare & contrast Shang Dinasty Zhou Dinasty
5. Mandate of Heaven Heaven gave to the emperors the Right to rule. When an emperor was weak or disasters occurred, the emperor lost the Mandate of Heaven .
6. Zhou Division of Classes Farm and Serve Nobles Military Service for King Give Land to Nobles Protect the Peasants
7. The Decline of the Zhou Power and good standing of the Zhou kings weakened. People to the north and to the west invaded the valley of the Wei River
8. What did King You about it? King You ordered fires lighted on hill around the capital when an attack was coming. He just wanted to see if the nobles would come.
9. The boy who cried …wolf! Finally there was a real attack !!
10. Always say the truth!! King You ordered the fires to be lited Nobles did not come….
11. King You died in the attack Consequenses: 1. Invaders captured the Wei River Valley 2. Capital city was moved to the North 3. Power of the nobles increased 4. A time of warfare: The Warring Kingdoms Period