2. What the heck, really , is the Web! IT ALL LOOKS GEEK TO ME!!!
3. What the Web is about <ul><li>“ branding a house” “herding cats ” “ aligning -our-ducks” </li></ul><ul><li>enabler participation engagement </li></ul><ul><li>connecting-the-dots interaction </li></ul><ul><li>communication people </li></ul>W ay W e W ork ( and have fun)
4. The Web as a TV network different shows: block-timer; in-house; syndicated series, news, special interests & events, movies
5. The Web as a library/bookstore different resources: books; magazines, journals, DV-CDs, newspapers, anything printed reading, browsing, copying, referencing
6. The Web as a telephone company different services: voice telephony; data transfer; internet connection email , gaming, entertainment , messaging
7. The Web is a plaza different appeals to individuals: socialize; know-learn; discover; anything anyone care about converging point , destination, Sunday habit
8. What IRRI.ORG is a cog in the World Wide Web
9. A Google Earth view of IRRI
10. Web Team is not Albert, Serge, nor Darell alone Co-create content (with IRRI staff); use content to connect the dots ; make sense of content for our users; then inseminate and pull content from our users Every CPS staff is a content provider (text, photos, videos, audio, graphics) for IRRI.ORG
11. A Web content management platform All Together!
12. Useful content is King! <ul><li>build on user-defined functions for content; </li></ul><ul><li>offer packaged content ; </li></ul><ul><li>then cultivate user-generated content </li></ul>
13. For content to be useful … <ul><li>We put meaning and context of content </li></ul><ul><li>for our users </li></ul>
14. Dive in!
15. Show and tell / Q & A
16. Web Channel to interact. Network to engage. Repository to access. Medium to communicate. Tool at work to achieve mission . IRRI.ORG can only be what we want and will it to be tomorrow.