1. Personnel Selling“Everybody lives by selling something.” Robert Louis StevensonCareers in Sales High demand but not a career for everybody, but, good experience early in any career… Negative perceptions $…$…$
2. Personnel SellingSelling Process Prospecting Qualifying Approaching Presenting/Demonstration Handling Objections and Questions Closing Follow-up
3. Personal SellingSales force activities Cultivating new clients Communication Selling Servicing Information gathering Allocating scarce resources
4. Personnel SellingObjectives Units or $ sold Market share by territory Target profit per sale Maximize sales per $ cost Maximize number of sales calls per period …but these mostly conflict…?
5. Personnel SellingSalary versus Commission control…incentive security…fairness simplicity…flexibility
6. Personnel Selling4 E’s Energy for long hours Enthusiasm for job, product Empathy for customer Ego, victory, desire to win
7. Blowing in the Wind VideoAnnoying Sales Promotion Works