Six Dimensions of Personal Health - Andy Blumenthal
by Andy Blumenthal, Chief Information Officer, Global Information Services at U.S. Department of State on Nov 24, 2013
- 218 views
The six dimensions of personal health are: ...
The six dimensions of personal health are:
1) Spiritual - Serving G-d and doing what is right.
2) Emotional - Your feelings and ability to manage your state of mind, especially in trying situations.
3) Social - Interacting with other people in loving, caring, and sharing ways.
4) Physical - Taking care of your body through good nutrition, exercise, and healthcare.
5) Professional - Working and contributing to the world by serving a purposeful mission.
6) Intellectual - Learning and growing mentally by gaining knowledge and the ability to apply it.
I like how each of these is a a distinct contributing element of one's overall health, but also come together to form a coherent whole of human health.
When all six dimensions are in good health, then a person has the foundations to live and excel.
However, when one or more elements are not being properly taken care of or are out of balance with the others, then a person will not have the ability to maintain or advance themselves.
Self-awareness and a commitment to doing your best in all six areas will help you grow as a person and leader.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views