Andy Blumenthal's Hierarchy of Computing
by Andy Blumenthal, Chief Information Officer, Global Information Services at U.S. Department of State on Nov 20, 2013
- 147 views
Blumenthal's Hierarchy of Computing: ...
Blumenthal's Hierarchy of Computing:
- Automation--helps us produce the sustenance items that we need for our physiological needs and includes everything from agricultural plows and harvesters to production line automation and systems.
- Weaponization--this is the systemization of everything supporting our homeland security, military, and intelligence apparatus from nukes to drones, satellites, missile shields, cyber and bioweapons, and more.
- Social/Mobile--these are technologies and apps that help us communicate and interact with one another, whenever and wherever we are.
- Business Intelligence--addressing Big Data, this is the capability to capture, catalog, analyze, locate, and report information to drive value, power, and respect.
- Ethical--the use of technology to aid timely decision-making and meaningful, value-driven action--helps us choose and execute right from wrong and is the ultimate in progressing toward our self-actualization.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views