2. grOuP MeMBers Muhammad Suleman Shakir Asif Sohail Fize ur Rehman Hassan Javed
3. intrODuCtiOn Bata is one of the world’s widest reaching companies, with operations in 68 different countries. Bata companies strive to listen to the customers in their local markets and clearly identify their footwear needs, and then to provide products that exceed their customers’ expectations in terms of quality, style and value.
4. histOry The business that became the Bata Shoe Organization was established on August 24, 1894 in Zlin, by Tomas Bata, and included his brother Antonin and sister Anna. Although this business was new, the Bata name had been part of a tradition of shoemaking for eight generations, spanning three hundred years.
5. Bata PaKistan Bata Pakistan is subsidiary company of Bata International, it started its operations pre- partition of sub -continents , since 1947 Bata is operating in Pakistan as leading shoe company all over the country from remote areas to rural areas every one is aware of Bata..
6. MissiOn stateMent Whatever we make must be so good that it always serve, no matter how much low the price”.
7. visiOn stateMent “Bata” is about passionately delivering better solutions in household cleaning and health & personal care to customers and consumers, wherever they may be, for the ultimate purpose of creating shareholder value.
8. HRM Activities: Recriutement & Selection: If you want to apply for a job, you need to have a degree and be equipped to work in a dynamic environment. Training and Development: Training process is of 3 months and during this course of period Bata Pakistan trains their salesmen according to their company environment. Training includes complete know how about shoes, different brand their different features. How to deal with customers. How to make record of sales price tags pasting of each shoes.
9. HRM Activities: Pays and Benefits: There is no commission given to the sales of Bata. They give three bonuses to each sale man, they percentage of bonuses depends upon the number of pairs they sold. They have bonus slip on which each sale personnel gets the reward. They have contest also and reward from contest may be in-form of monetary terms and shields to its salesmen. Each sale has a proportion of off-days they can take depends upon time period they have spend in this organization. Employee Evaluation: The performance evaluation is done on the following criteria’s How many customers were satisfied by the salesman? Were the jobs well done? Was he honest? Did he take days off from work? How many pairs of shoes he has sold. His aptitude towards selling.
10. Conflicts: Communication in hierarchy of management: There is the big communication gap between top management and lower management in Bata company. Because of this problem financial reports are not up to date. Problems of international stores: Sometimes, the demand of the product is not in-time, therefore bata outlets have to face the problems and some kind of difficulties to satisfy the customer . Less satisfaction in a job: There is not commission given to the sales of bata. Therefore, employees are not fully satisfied with their job and pays. No more incentives, they are providing to their employees. They are hiring the employees on contract bases.
11. Conclusion:In the end we would like to give the following recommendations for BATA: Customer Satisfaction: Focus on delivering customer quality Proactive Approach: Take Actions before Competitors Do Social Responsibility: Actively Participate in Earthquake Rehabilitation Durable Shoes: Don’t compromise on bad suppliers Courteous Personnel: Customer is Always Right