• Name Roll No.
• Charmi Dharod 6
• George D’souza 8
• Shraddha Gaur 10
• Yash Gupta 11
• Pratik Manjrekar 21
• Dilkhush Parmar 30
• Abhishek Tanna 39
• The Wadia Group is one of the oldest
conglomerates of corporate India.
• It was founded by Sir Lovji Nusserwanjee
Wadia in 1736.
• Lovji Wadia secured contracts with
the British East India Company to build
ships and docks in Bombay in 1736.
• The subsequent efforts, had resulted in
Bombay becoming a strategic port for
the British colonial undertakings in
• The Bombay dry-dock, the first dry-
dock in Asia, was built by Lovji and his
brother Sorabji in 1750.
• The journey started in 1736, Today The Wadia Group is an
Indian Investment Company headquarted in Mumbai.
• As a long term investor there Theme is to have a Majority in
the Daily Needs.
• As a result their investment portfolio covers a broad spectrum
Vision & Mission
• Vision :
The Company will inspire its employees to be the best
they can be. They will engage in sustainable practices and
anticipate the needs of our customers. They will maximize return
to the stockholders while still maintaining quality in the
To create, maximize and sustain long-term shareholder value.
• The Wadia Group was founded by Lovji Nusserwanjee Wadia
in 1736, when he opened a Marine Construction company that
built ships for the British.
• He was one of India’s first master shipbuilders and a pioneer
of the global ship building industry.
• Quality has always been the Wadia Group’s hallmark,, the
world’s second oldest existing ship in the world, still afloat at
• Another Wadia Group built ship named the ‘Minden‘ was
where the American National Anthem was composed, and on
another, the 'HMS Cornwallis', that the Treaty of Nanking,
ceding Honkong to England, was signed.
• Over the next 150 years, the group manufactured vessels that
ploughed international waters.
• The new companies under the Wadia banner have become
market leaders in their respective fields under the vision and
leadership of the Wadia Group Chairman Mr Nusli Wadia.
• The year 1879 saw yet another Wadia visionary live his
dreams . Matching opportunity with core skill-set and an
entrepreneurial vision, Nowrojee Nusserwanjee Wadia, moved
his stakes into the burgeoning textile industry in India.
• Over the last 140 years, the Wadias have diversified into
various fields of industry and commerce in collaboration with
• The Group’s first venture, over 250 years ago, was in the
marine construction industry.
• The Wadia’s were marine designers and master builders par
excellence where they built 355 vessels that ploughed
international waters, over their 160 years of existence,
including the first ships constructed for the British Navy
• It was on one such ship, the ‘Minden’, that the
American National Anthem was composed.
On another Wadia-built deck, the ‘HMS
Cornwallis’, the Treaty of Nanking, ceding
Hong Kong to England, was signed. The
second oldest ship in the world, ‘HMS
Trincomalee’ which even today is afloat and
intact in Hartlepool, is yet another marvel of
the Wadias’ shipbuilding powers.
1863 Bombay Burmah
• Bombay Burmah is India’s second oldest publicly quoted
• Today it operates in seven segments:
• Plantation Products segment is engaged in produces/trades in
tea, coffee, timber, cardamom and pepper.
• Building Products segment manufactures/trades in phenolic
laminates (industrial laminates including copper clad laminates
and surfacing laminates).
• Dental Products segment manufactures/trades in health
• Auto Ancillary Products segment manufactures precision
springs for automobile and other industries.
• Weighing Products segment manufactures/trades in analytical
and precision balances, and weighing scales.
• An investment segment invests in various securities listed as
well as unlisted mainly on a long term basis and the real estate
segment represents property development.
• Today it is the second largest manufacturer of precision
springs. Dealing in 1400 types of springs. Supply and export
springs to major automobile players and industrial giants.
1879 Bombay Dyeing
• Bombay Dyeing has declared uninterrupted dividends for
over a hundred and twenty five years.
• In the Domestic Market, the company sells Bed, Bath and
Home furnishing Products, as well as Clothing for Men,
Women and Children through its network of over 300
Exclusive Retail shops all over India.
• In the international market, the company sells to the top
Bed and Bath companies around the world.
• Britannia, India’s No.1 food brand for 10 consecutive years,
is one of India’s best known and most admired brands.
Approximately 2 million people buy Britannia food
products every day.
• Rated among the Top 10 ‘Most Trusted Brands’ across all
product categories, it is also the No.2 Food Brand in a
survey conducted by AC Nielsen.
• It has a market share of approx 31% and sells through a
network of over three and half million retail shops
1954 National Peroxide
• NPL is a pioneer in India in peroxygen chemicals. Its product
range also includes stabilizers for PVC.
• It provides fully-integrated facility for hydrogen peroxide, in
collaboration with world leaders.
• Hydrogen Peroxide is a highly versatile chemical used in
various industries for bleaching, chemical synthesis,
environmental control/effluent treatment, sterilisation etc.
2005 Go Air
• Go Airlines (India) Ltd. is the aviation foray of The Wadia
• Go Air was launched with the objective of making air travel
accessible to people.
• The airline currently has a market share of 6%.
• It operates a fleet of brand new airbus 320 aircraft.
• The total aircraft on order from airbus as of date is 92 A320s.
2011 Bombay Realty
• Bombay Realty is transforming and redefining the Mumbai
skyline with two mixed use developments in the centre of
• These prime locations are being developed into world-class
residences, offices, hotels, serviced apartments, branded
residences, hospitals, schools and retail.
• Bombay Realty seeks to create mixed-use developments that
synchronize the ability to LIVE.WORK.PLAY.all at one place.
• Wadia’s success is rooted in their communities. As individuals
and as an institution, they benefited from the contributions of
those before us.
• We are here today because they have opened doors of learning
and carved out new paths of possibilities.
• In turn, they seek to enrich the community by widening portals
of knowledge and extending pathways of opportunities, be it.
• The Wadia colleges in Pune provide higher education to
11,000 students. Another significant achievement in the
academic field is the Neville N Wadia College of Business
Management and Research.
• 1932 Nowrosjee Wadia College of Arts & Science, Pune
• 1938 Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology , Pune
• 1969 Ness Wadia College of Commerce , Pune
• 1991 Neville Wadia Institute of Management & Research,
• 1999 M.E. Society’s College of Engineering, Pune