History Of P.O.K.
•In August 1947, when British abandoned their suzerainty for Jammu
and Kashmir which was a princely state was ruling by maharaja Hari
•He was not yet decide to merge his state to India or Pakistan. So he
signed ‘Stand Still’ Agreement. Pakistan accepted it but India refused.
•In September 1947, western part of state was attacked by Pakistan
intentionally to occupy Kashmir. Hari Singh tried at his own, but failed
•So he called Indian Army and merge his state to India. But some part
was occupied by Pakistan. It is called as Pakistan Occupied Kashmir
History- War After P.O.K.
• Only within 3 months from independence, that is 27,
October, India and Pakistan had their first war.
• In August 1965, 30,000 to 40,000 Pakistan soldiers
• In December 3rd 1971, Bangladesh liberation war.
• In 3rd May 1999, Pakistan troops attacked kargil part
of Jammu and Kashmir.
Parts Of P.O.K.
POK is divided in two parts1. Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) – the narrow, southern
part, 250 miles (400 km) long, with a width varying from
10 to 40 miles (16 to 64 km).
2. Gilgit–Baltistan formerly called the Federally
Administered Northern Areas (FANA) – the much larger
area to the north of AJK, 72,496 square kilometers
(27,991 sq mi).
Geography Of P.O.K.
• The northern part of Azad Jammu and Kashmir
encompasses the lower part of the Himalayas,
including Jamgarh Peak (15,531 feet [4,734 meters]).
• Muzaffarabad is capital of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
• There pleasant weather, green mountains with white
peak, makes it one of the most beautiful places on
• To west it has Pakistan, to east and north Gilgit and
baltistan, to south, Punjab region.
Government of P.O.K.
• Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) is a self-governing state
under Pakistani control.
• Gilgit and Baltistan region is controlled by Pakistan
• Raja Farooq Haider Khan is prime minister of Azad
Jammu & Kashmir.
• Azad Kashmir has its own elected president, prime
minister, legislature, high court, and official flag.It has a
supreme body consisting of 11 members, six from the
government of Azad Jammu and Kashmir and five from
the government of Pakistan.
Culture of P.O.K.
•The culture of Azad Kashmir has many similarities to that of
northern Punjabi (Potohar) culture in Punjab province.
•The natives of Azad Kashmir speak Urdu, Potwari, and
the Pahari languages.
•The traditional dress of Kashmiri women is the shalwar
kameez in Pahari style. The shalwar kameez is commonly worn
by both men and women.
•Urdu is the official language of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
P.O.K. A Last Heaven, WHY?
• Beautiful valleys, Mountains, Neelum & Sindhu
(Indus) rivers, Scenic lakes and fertile natural beauty
makes P.O.K.- ‘A LOST HEAVEN’.
• There are mineral and marble resources in Azad
Kashmir close to Mirpur and Muzaffarabad.
• There are also graphite deposits at Mohriwali and
reservoirs of low-grade coal.
Recent News & Condition
• Pakistani troops in P.O.K. were provoked by
Lashkar-e-Taiba leader Hafiz Muhammad
Saeed, resulting in beheading of one Indian
soldier and killing of one another.
• Very critical situation at Line Of Control.
• Brad Adams, the Asia director at Human
Rights Watch said, "Human rights are hold no
meaning in AJK.”
P.O.K-A Lost heaven
Lost for Indians!
Lost for world!
And lost for people of P.O.K!
• Times of india
We need to fight
for this crown of INDIA!!!!