1. A REAL TIME MULTIMEDIA SHARINGAPPLICATION BASED ON THE USERSLOCATION Abhishek Srivastava, Raghu Ananya Arabolu
2. MOTIVATION Sometimes we only get to know about a road block when we get there. At other times we can miss a good sale just because we did not have any information about it. There is a need for a location based notification application which can serve as a bulletin board for different types of notifications
3. APPLICATION OVERVIEW Our application enables the users to leave multimedia “tags” on a location. These can be left on the user’s current location or on a desired location on the map by the user. When another user would want to view any tags, he can check for notifications on his location or check any notifications on the map. The unique feature of the application is that the notifications can be of many descriptive forms. They can be a text tag, a voice tag or a picture tag.
4. FEATURES OF THE APPLICATION Further, the tags can be categorized by the user as an Alert, an Event or an Advertisement. This would help another user easily filter the tags to match his interest and then view them. A time to live is provided by the user who is placing the tag. This defines the amount of time for which the tag will be valid. The application also provides minor but useful functionalities like searching for a location on the map and giving the exact address when clicked on a location.
5. AUGMENTED REALITY We implemented a simplistic model of Augmented Reality. We used the Wikitude API to construct the Augmented Reality view Using this the user can view all the tags around him by panning his camera. A tag on the camera overlay would only describe the details of the tags like the name, type of tag and the category. Further processing in this view is not yet available in the API.
7. TECHNICAL OVERVIEW The client is an application of the Android Phone. Google Maps API is used for providing the map view on the client side. The server is implemented in PHP. MySQL is used for the back-end database for storing the tags and their details.