OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF
by Abhijeet B. Bhosale (Roll no:14)
Quantity Surveying Objective
• GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
1 . To appreciate the place of quantitative assessment in every field of
the construction industry.
2. To attain the highest possible accuracy in quantitative problem
3. To be better understand the mode of site development and excavation.
4. To evaluate the material content of reinforced concrete structures.
• SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES:
1 - Mensuration Review
Calculate the area and volume of any figure comprised of a combination of various
To calculate earth quantities
2. Basic Contract Document
Describe the objectives of a specification and the general conditions to a contract.
3. Method of Measurement
Define the order and accuracy of dimensions normally used
List the inclusions and exclusions allowed for in computing building areas and volume
Take off and bill
1. the quantities for the clearing and grubbing of a
2. the drainage work for a typical home.
3. a section of roadway and sidewalk.
Scope of Quantity surveying
• Estimating and cost advice
• Receiving instruction from the Employer and advising on various courses of action and
procedures to suit the particular requirements of the Project.
• Providing financial design criteria advice.
• Documentation and procurement
• Compilation of documentation, and management of the procurement processes
• Examining and reporting on tender offers for subcontracts, including financial comparisons with
• Preparing schedules of predicted cash flows.
Preparation, measurement of all final quantities, and evaluation of the final account as
submitted by the contractor
• Supplementary Services
Financial viability studies, and other pre-design phase studies involving
economic investigations and appraisals of a project.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.