• India's telecommunication network is the second largest in
the world based on the total number of telephone users
(both fixed and mobile phone).
• It has one of the lowest call tariffs in the world enabled by
the mega telephone networks and hyper-competition
• It has the world's third-largest Internet user-base.
According to the Internet And Mobile Association of India
(IAMAI), the Internet user base in the country stood at 190
million at the end of June, 2013.
• Major sectors of the Indian telecommunication industry are
telephony, internet and television broadcasting.
Automatic call distributor
• In telephony, an automatic call distributor (ACD) or automated call distribution
system, is a device or system that distributes incoming calls to a specific group of
terminals that agents based on customer need, type, and agent skill set. It is often
part of a computer telephony integration (CTI) system.
• Routing incoming calls is the task of the ACD system. ACD systems are often found
in offices that handle large volumes of incoming phone calls from callers who have
no need to talk to a specific person but who require assistance from any of
multiple persons (e.g., customer service representatives) at the earliest
• The system consists of hardware for the terminals and switches, phone lines, and
software for the routing strategy.
• The routing strategy is a rule-based set of instructions that tells the ACD how calls
are handled inside the system. Typically this is an algorithm that determines the
best available employee or employees to respond to a given incoming call.
• To help make this match, additional data are solicited and reviewed to find out
why the customer is calling. Sometimes the caller's caller ID or ANI is used; more
often a simple IVR is used to ascertain the reason for the call.
• Originally, the ACD function was internal to the Private
Branch Exchange of the company. However, the closed
nature of these systems limited their flexibility. A
system was then designed to enable common
computing devices, such as server PCs, to make routing
decisions. For this, generally the PBX would issue
information about incoming calls to this external
system and receive a direction of the call in response.
• An additional function for these external routing
applications is to enable CTI. This allows improved
efficiency for call center agents by matching incoming
phone calls with relevant data on their PC via screen
• Linear Call Distribution – Calls are distributed in order,
starting at the beginning each time.
• Circular/Rotary Call Distribution – Calls are distributed
in order, starting with the next in order.
• Uniform Call Distribution – Calls are distributed
uniformly, starting with the person who has handled
the fewest calls.
• Simultaneous Call Distribution – Calls are presented to
all available extensions simultaneously.
• Weighted Call Distribution – Calls are distributed
according to a configurable weighting.
• A job sheet is a document that is usually designed by the manager, supervisor or
project manager for their subordinates in order to clear their job description for
effectiveness and efficiency.
• Job sheets comprise of all the tasks and responsibilities of a particular employee
that comes under a single job position, the purpose of designing job sheets is to
clarify the work schedule, responsibilities and accountabilities for an employee in
order to avoid any kind of mistakes and work related errors.
• Job sheets are designed by planners after comprehensive planning that not only
make your employee clear and efficient, but at the same time save the company or
organization from big losses, resources and money as well as increase and
maintain work quality, productivity and efficiency. Moreover, good job sheets save
your employee from unnecessary stress and workload.
• The success of an organization is hidden in the proper and accurate designing of
job sheet that needs to follow a couple of important and effective steps. Some
effective tips for making or designing a job sheet are as under.
Guidelines in designing job sheet
• Be Realistic : In designing job sheet, one needs to be realistic and should
try to list achievable tasks and goals within a proper period of time. This
will not only make your employee relaxed but at the same time will make
your designed job sheet attractive. For example, if you ask employee to
handle two different clients at two different locations in a same time, it is
unrealistic because nobody can do it.
• List responsibilities according to the nature of job : List all the important
tasks and responsibilities in the beginning of the job sheet! This will help
your employee to understand the importance of a responsibility as well as
you will get important tasks at the start of the day or duty timings.
• Be specific : For designing job sheet show a positive attitude and try to be
specific in listing each duty. Never write extra things or points about any
other responsibility because this will result in confusion and your
employees will never perform according to your expectations. Also list
jobs or tasks that come under a single job position never mix them with
other responsibilities because no one likes to do extra work.
• Keep in mind the need of the job sheet : Before going to start
designing job sheet, keep in mind the purpose and need of it. If you
are designing it for a project then you have to list only daily tasks
whereas if you have an organization or a company and you are
designing job sheet for your permanent position, then it is good to
create a job sheet for the whole month. Moreover, instead of print
pouts, you can send your designed job sheets to your employees
via email that is suitable for permanent company jobs, for project
based tasks a printout is a good choice.
• Review the job sheet before sending out : Once you design your
job sheets, it is crucial to proofread to ensure its accuracy. This will
save you from future work related blunders and will carry a positive
image of you to your employees.
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.