Running an Efficient CMS Evaluation and Procurement Process: Hands-on Tips, Insider Knowledge and Advice
- 6,936 views
Presented by Piero Tintori at Web Content Chicago, June 17-18, 2008. …
Presented by Piero Tintori at Web Content Chicago, June 17-18, 2008.
Running a procurement and evaluation process for a CMS project can be resource intensive and stressful. On top of that, a typical CM professional may only conduct CMS process a few times during their career.
Based on lessons learned from over 350 evaluation processes, this very practical, vendor neutral session will provide hands on tips, insider knowledge and advice to make your life easier and select a CMS that most matches your needs.
Key areas covered are:
* How to efficiently gather your requirements without creating a monstrous requirements document
* How to structure your RFP/RFT so that it can be evaluated efficiently
* A look at examples of RFP/RFT documents, what makes them good, bad or ugly?
* How to pose the right questions to vendors
* How to evaluate a vendors’ answers and read between the lines
* Inside the mind of a vendor: how a vendor operates, prices and shows signs of genuine interest in your project
* How to structure vendor presentations and who to invite
* How of structure an efficient low risk / high reward “hands on” evaluation of a solution
* How to check a vendors references and credentials to make sure you’ve selected the right partner
* What is fair to ask of a vendor and what might be asking too much
Running evaluations can be inefficient and difficult to manage. At worst, your evaluation process, no matter how well intentioned and planed, may offer very little value to the selection process compared to just picking a system at random.
Given the time, money and effort involved, you and your career cannot afford to make the wrong choice. This unique session will provide you with the hands on tips and advice to conduct an efficient and effective selection process, even if it’s your first one.